Chapter 14

After being back at Hogwarts for a couple of months, Draco could safely say that he was finding it easier to cope with the judgement that he received from everyone. Yes, it was definitely annoying but it didn't seem to hit him as deeply as it would have done before the break.

As he walked towards the potions class room, he ignored all of the glares that were sent his way because he had decided that his life would be about himself from now on. He didn't need the approval of anyone else. Especially young wizards who had no idea what the war was really like, them all being tucked away in safe houses with their loving families. He was right in the middle of the battle, they too would have done anything Voldemort asked if standing right next to him.

"Written In The Stars, eh Malfoy."

Draco stood still where he was, eyes following the fifth years that had just walked passed him. Had one of them shouted to him about his novel? Had he heard them wrong? He could have sworn... "What did you just say to me?"

"Written In The Stars." The random fifth year shouted again, sniggering with his group who all carried thick wads of paper in their hands. Please say that wasn't... "Quite the storyteller Malfoy, or should I say Alex?"

Draco ran, ran has fast as his legs could carry him, back to the dormitory that he and Harry shared. Hopefully the the brunette would still be there. Draco had only been on his way to potions so early because he had to walk from the library, where he had been studying. As he burst through the door, he found Harry crouched down pulling his potion books from his trunk. Draco pushed him aside, searching inside for the manuscript that he had given to Harry; even though he knew full well it wouldn't be there.

"Where is it?" Draco asked, turning to Harry with panic in his eyes. That one novel held so much detail of his private life, hell, his sexuality was written all over it. So many secrets that the general public didn't know. "Harry, please tell me you didn't."

Dazed, Harry pushed himself up on his arms with a raised eyebrow. He took in the boys panicked look, and shook his head to let the blonde know he didn't understand what was going on.

"The novel Harry." Draco said. "The one I gave you for Christmas. The one I wanted YOU to have when I no longer wanted to live, where is it?"

"Oh, the novel." Harry chuckled, reaching into his trunk and pulling out a large brown envelope. Draco grabbed it, holding it to his chest with a sigh of relief. That random child must have just found out about it somehow, maybe from one of the Weasleys. At least he hadn't read it. "God Harry, I thought you had spread it around the school."

"Of course not." Harry smiled, pushing himself to his knees so that he was at the same level as Draco. He had never seen the blonde man so relieved. "It means so much to me, I would never. The original copy means so much to me, it is never going to leave my side."

Draco's eyes widened, head spinning with what he was hearing. "Original Copy? Harry, there is only one copy."

"Nope." Harry smiled. "There is two."

"What do you mean?"

Harry sighed, biting his lip as Draco stood up and started to pace nervously. He pushed himself up after him, taking a seat on the side of his bed. The second copy was meant to be a surprise, but if Draco had some how found out. "I made another copy. You know Seamus Finnigan?"

"I'm aware of him." Draco nodded, glancing at the boy. What had he done? "What did you do Harry?"

"I sent him a copy of the novel." The brunette grinned, as Malfoy fell to his bed with weak legs. "His uncle is a publisher, he said he would pass it along. Don't worry, I'm not putting it out into the world. I just wanted to get an acceptance letter, to show you how brilliant you are."