Care (pt.1) | C. Weasley

From the moment I arrived at the reserve, I knew that this was going to be the biggest challenge of my career. After doing my healer training in a Scottish hospital, a Romanian dragon reserve was going to be quite the learning curve.

I shoved my bag further up onto my shoulder. I walked on towards the main building. The buildings reminded me of the cabins at the summer camp I went to as a kid. I felt at home in the beautiful land. It gave me hope.

There was a large building in the center of the village with a sign explaining that it was the main office. I walked up the front steps and inside. There were people bustling around with ropes and bags and tools. I spotted two mediwitches chatting and looking over some notes. I smiled before walking towards the front desk.

The wizard greeted me and gave me all sorts of information I'd need. I was given my key and a packet of papers for me to look over. He told me the directions to where I'd be living before wishing me luck. I started my walk to the correct building.

"(Y/n)?"

When I looked to my left, I almost didn't recognize the man standing before me. I hadn't seen Charlie Weasley since a few days after the war. Since Fred's funeral. His hair was growing more wild than I had ever seen it. I guess this was the result of being so far from home for so long.

"Blimey, (y/n). Look at you! You've somehow gotten more lovely."

"Hi, Charlie," I said, trying to ignore his flirty comment. He was far more cheeky now than I ever remembered him being at school. I adjusted my bag again as the weight of it started to bother me.

"Its great to see you." Charlie was looking me over and must've noticed my discomfort because he reached out and took my bag from me. "Let me help you with that!"

"Thanks. It's great to see you, too." He motioned with his arm and we continued walking in the direction I was going.

"How've you been?"

"I've been alright. Very busy. What about you?"

"Also busy. But I've been having a blast."

I looked at him with a smile. "I'm glad."

"Have you seen George lately?"

"Of course! We got lunch the other day."

"That's great. I don't get to see him enough." We reached a row of buildings of flats and Charlie led us inside the last one. "I'm glad you two are still close. I worry about him."

"I do too sometimes. But he's doing really well. Angelina keeps him on his toes."

Charlie laughed. We stopped outside of a door that had the correct number. I put in my key, turned the knob, and revealed my home for the foreseeable future. It was a small place but it would be good enough. There was a living room with a couch and a tv. I also had a full kitchen which I was very thankful for. A doorway on the left led to my bedroom and my bathroom.

Charlie set my bag down on the bed and I got to making myself comfortable. He leaned against the doorframe, watching me unpack.

"What made you take a job here of all places?" I looked at his smirk and laughed to myself.

"George mentioned that the infirmary here was severely understaffed," I said, returning my attention to what I was doing. "He'd been bugging me to take the position for weeks."

"Why the hesitation?"

"I've never been so far from home before," I answered truthfully. "And I don't exactly have a ton of experience with dragons. But, I decided to take a leap of faith. I think it'll be a fun challenge."