Trust (pt.3) | H. Potter

I was at the clock tower at 5:45. I couldn't help but be early. I was expecting to have spoken to Harry again before this, but I hadn't seen him all day. I tried to look out for him in the great hall at meal times, but no luck. I was kind of worried. I knew he was anxious for the task.

"Hi," a soft voice made me jump. I turned around to see Harry.

"Hey," I replied, just as quiet. He smiled timidly.

"Thanks for meeting me."

"Of course."

He took a few steps so he was closer to me. I was really nervous for some reason. I couldn't keep my eyes on him. I looked out at the sunset.

"I don't really know what to say," he said, letting out a small chuckle.

I smiled. "Then why did you want me to meet you here?" I turned to look at him with a raised eyebrow.

"I think I just needed someone to help calm me down before I go out there."

"And you think I can do that?"

"Yeah, I do. You helped me a lot last night."

"We didn't even talk about the task."

"Exactly." He gave me a smile before looking out into the distance like I had been. It was really nice to be with Harry again. It felt like we were going back to normal. I wasn't so nervous to be in his presence.
"I didn't put my name in the goblet."

"I know," I replied. I really did believe him. He closed his eyes. "Do you know who did? Or what could've done it?"

"I have no idea." He sighed and ran a hand through his hair, tugging at the ends. "It's all too much."

"I know."

"I just feel like everything is changing. I don't think it's gonna stop changing."

"That's growing up."

"But it's more than that," he said with a building intensity. "With the dementors last year and then my name ending up in the goblet. Something is happening."

I felt a chill run down my spine. I swallowed. "I'm sure it'll all work out, Harry."

"Thanks."

I looked down at his hands. I thought for a moment before taking his left in my right. It was cold and trembling slightly. His head turned to me in surprise. I didn't want to push anything since we'd truly just begun speaking again. But it felt right.

"You've got this, Harry. It's almost over. You're gonna win this final task and then you can move on."

He loosened up a bit. "Thank you." He let himself hold my hand back. "I'm sorry."

"Stop apologizing, Harry. Please."

The sun kept getting lower. "I have to."

I just shook my head. "It's almost time. We should get going." He nodded. I gave his hand two squeezes before letting go.

We walked together towards the final task of the triwizard tournament.

~

I was walking down the train when I spotted Harry, Ron, and Hermione. I tapped on the glass of the open compartment to get their attention. Harry smiled when he saw me.

"Hey, guys."

"Hey, (y/n)," Hermione said. "You sitting with Ginny?"

"I was thinking about it," I replied.