Trust (pt.1) | H. Potter

Once I had become old enough to understand, my parents explained a few things to me. They told me that our family was magic and they told me that we had to pretend that we weren't.

My parents both work for the ministry of magic. After the death of you-know-who, Dumbledore had asked them to go undercover and help keep an eye on Harry Potter. They did this all from afar until I was 6 years old. Harry was 7 then. That was when we finally met.

I approached the park within my neighborhood. When I got there, I noticed a boy around my age was yelling down at something. He was shouting at another boy who was on the ground in front of him. I ran a little bit to reach them.

"Crying for your mummy? What mummy?"

"Oi! What're you doing?" I asked. Both boys turned to look at me. The one on the ground wiped away a few tears as the standing one just glared.

"Go away!"

"No! Leave him alone!" I stepped between the boys. The standing one was bigger and obviously older than me, yet he seemed afraid of me. He must've never had anyone stand up to him before. He took a step away. "I said to leave him alone!"

He gave a grunt before waddling off in the direction of Privet drive. I turned to look down at the other boy. He wiped at his nose and sniffed before standing up.

"Thanks," he said. Once he was standing, he brushed back the hair in his face. My eyes widened as I noticed the scar just above his brow.

"You're welcome." I smiled. "I'm (y/n)."

"Harry."

"It's nice to meet you, Harry." I walked to the swings like I had originally planned and took a seat. Harry joined me. "Who was that other boy?"

"My cousin. Dudley."

"Is he always mean to you?"

"Yeah..."

"I'm sorry."

Harry and I became quick friends after that day. It wasn't because of my parents job. I truly enjoyed his company. We would play at the park or go over to my house. He had tried to invite me to his aunt and uncle's house once but that didn't go over well. So, we avoided that. My parents did surprisingly well pretending to be muggles. Anyone would've thought we were just an ordinary family. Harry sure did.

~

I had never been so anxious as I was the first time I boarded the Hogwarts Express. I found an empty car and took a seat. When the door opened again, I gave a nervous smile. A girl with red hair looked back at me.

"Want some company?"

"Sure!"

She smiled and took a seat. "I'm Ginny Weasley."

"I'm (y/n)."

We started to get to know each other as the train began moving. We realized that our fathers knew each other. I was also fascinated by the fact that she had so many brothers. She insisted they were annoying, but as an only child I couldn't help but envy her just a bit. After a while we decided to walk around a bit. She wanted to find some of her other friends. When we reached their car, Ginny and I stood in the walkway and spoke to them through the open door.