Sad but Smart

Chapter 33

She heaved in and out, feeling the coldness of the air soak her throat. It felt good to breathe. After centuries of breathlessness, she adored moments like these. Where she could feel the air in her lungs, where she could feel the ache in her legs, the sweat around her forehead. She loved it.

"Ok, okay. And... Carrying on," she said to herself.

***

"And oh my god... It was TERRIBLE..." Adela gossiped with the others back in the mansion. She had carried all the shopping bags inside, they were heavy as hell but she managed.

"How'd you get out then?" Gina asked, eyes bright as the gossip spilled. Obviously missing the drama in college.

"I distracted her and ran." Adela answered, excited because this was the first time she was the centre of attention with all the info. It was fun, she loved it.

Gina laughed, "good one."

"Well, do you think she maybe followed you?" Abi suggested, a bit concerned.

"Nah, I went all the way to the supermarket and did the whole shop. I was so paranoid so I kept checking behind and around me, saw nothing suspicious."

"Hmm, let's just hope that's for sure." Carisa said.

Adela wondered, what if she caught up? Surely, that was the impossible? But it got her thinking anyway. She could be spying on them all right now, finding out about everything... Her paranoia reappeared.

"Carisa, you're a vampire... Can you sense any human near?" She asked worriedly.

"Mm..." Carisa closed her eyes, "I... No... I'm pretty sure, there isn't. All I can sense that's human is the halfbreeds."

Adela nodded her head in relief and gratitude.

"Now what?" Gina sighed, as the drama was no longer fun.

"We get training!" Fabien came bursting into the kitchen. He wore his checkered shirt and black skinny jeans. His hair was messy, falling down on his forehead. He looked cute. She loved that.

In his hands he carried spellbound. There was bookmarks on the most important pages, the ones that taught how to find inner powers of your deeper supernatural self. He opened one of the marked pages and said,

"Adela, you're up first." She shook back her head and breathed in loudly whilst slowly walking towards Fabien. He smirked, grabbed her hand and walked out into the garden.

***

"Just, concentrate." He said sternly. His hands on her shoulders, the book finally out of his grasp. He whispered,

"Repeat after me, brume sacrée venir à la vie, brume sacrée venir à la vie, brume sacrée venir à la vie." Fabien had basically memorised all the spells, sad but smart.

She repeated in whispers, "brume sacrée venir à la vie," Fabien took his hands of her shoulders, "brume sacrée venir à la vie," he backed up, "brume sacrée venir à la vie" he took hold of a nearby tree.

The repeated sentence she said was special. Her demon within had been awoken and so had the mist. It started to circle lightly on the ground, Fabien's mouthed curved into an O. It started to get faster and faster, leaves and cut grass started to join the parade. The grey and green merged together, it looked lovely. As the generating tornado got bigger, her eyes flipped back satanically. Her body started to shake uncontrollably. Fabien's heart started to shake too.

Adelas mouth was moving lightly, you could see she was mumbling 'brume sacrée venir à la vie' over and over. Whilst the tornado got as big as the tree Fabien hid behind, clutching for his dear life. But the air got tight and he decided that was enough.

"STOP! STOP IT ADELA NO!!" He screamed to the stop of his lungs that wasn't that top at all with all the oxygen being stolen from the air.

"STOP!" He shouted again, but she carried on and the tornado was terrifyingly large. In it, he saw spellbound being thrown around.

"NO!!" He bellowed. He tried to think. He tried so hard. Then it came to him.

"surnaturel damnés!" He shouted, the exact spell to damn supernatural back down where they belong. To stop them. And in a split second, the Torado died out and Adela fell faint to the ground. She started to fit furiously.

"HELP!" He screamed, and everyone came running out in shock, obviously after seeing what happened.

"Oh my god! Quick get her inside!" Carisa cried.

"Wh-wha..t?" Adela said subconsciously. She had stopped fitting.

"It's ok baby, you're gunna be alright." Carisa soothingly said, stroking her head as Fabien and Damien carried her inside.