Lightening

Chapter 7

The mist was starting to swirl around the furniture, hiding it discretely. Kate's midnight blue and dark purple bed was disappearing, it felt like the wood floor was sinking, leaving the mist to drown them. Kate's mum was in a state, she looked scared and upset, nearly embarrassed or ashamed of her daughter. As Kate was all straight As and goody goody, always sucking up to her parents. Unlike Taylor who was rebellious and care-free...most of the time. Now however, she was worried sick and had huge anxiety over this whole situation. Kate's gone crazy. Vampires exist. She is going to become a slave at some point. What had her perfectly normal life come to?... Everything she thought was impossible or just a myth, a lie. Was real. And now she was being dragged into the paranormal world by a leash, unwillingly but still, wide eyed.

"Ok miss Jennifer we should um, we should go. Well you should go and I'll find her," Taylor spoke, hopeful she will let her go and search for Kate on her own.

"Oh, no, I'll come with you! She's never ran off like this before!" Mrs Jennifer said, Taylor sighed inside.

"No please, I think I know why she's uh ran off," Taylor couldn't tell her anything, she should and could know nothing.

Her and Kate's little 13 year old brother should really leave Hastings all together. Something evil was unfolding in this town, "Just please take Owen and get out of this house," Taylor looked down to her legs, they were gone. Not literary but they we're out of sight. The mist had swallowed them up and now it was spreading towards the rest of the house, any spirit could easily come in now. "Get out of town,"

Kate's mum looked up in disgrace, her face in a knot as confusion kicked in, "Excuse me? But I don't really want to leave my home because a little girl is telling me so! I would like to find my daughter," Kate's mum realised the mysterious substance filling up her house and so went to shut the window that Kate had escaped from, "Taylor, anymore of that talk and I'll be speaking to your parents. Now I would like it if you go home now so I can go and find my child!"

"Mm-hm," Taylor knew what she could do. She would just go out to find Taylor anyway, even if her mum was already on the case. And she was sure she would find Kate first. Surely. Mrs Jennifer on the other hand would be checking obvious places, like the graveyard, where Kate's dad was buried. Kate would go there every weekend, not with anyone else though. Only herself, since her dad died in Afghanistan.

Taylor trekked down to the woods in her grey jogging bottoms and hoody. Echoing the mist. Her face felt cold and numb as the air brushed against her, deliberately freezing her. She sneezed repetitively, not bothering to cover he mouth as she did, purely because what was there to infect? She was in the middle of her own town she's lived in for her whole life but as the same time felt lost and lonely; like nothing else existed but her, all life was gone but her heart still kept on pumping. Time felt slow, her phone kept saying the same digits every time she checked. 2:25 2:25 2:25 2:25 2:25 2:25 2:25 2:25 2:25 2:25 ... ... ... ... ...2:26 FINALLY. She took a huge breath, but still failed in slowing down her heart rate, that was going so quick but she didn't really think she was scared, she just felt...what was the word?...inadequate. Yes. Not fully understood of what she's doing and what's happened. Though Enthralled and mentally attached to the mission she took up upon herself, putting her self in obvious danger but that was who Taylor was, a risk taker- the crazy tight rope walker in the circus, the magicians glamorous assistant, she never really thought twice about anything. But now. Now was different. Her mind said yes but her heart was shouting, screaming to turn back and run. To forget about this whole thing. her heart was pounding. Like the alarm in the morning. But this alarm was for a different reason. It was signalling danger not a call home for being late to college. Her heart was telling her to stop, to for once, think about what's she's doing. But it never over powered he mind. She carried on towards the woods, that were suspiciously opposite Fabiens house.