meanwhile

as liza scurried to hide, david slowly walked down the stairs, approaching the front door. the banging got louder and stronger. a loud voice came from the opposite side of the door, sounding very angry. "open up dobrik! i want what's mine!" he banged on the door harder. "you're not getting what you want!" even though david knew what mike would do if he didn't get what he wanted, he said it anyways. "the cops are on their way." as those words left david's mouth, the door busted open. mike pulled out a gun from his pants, pointing it straight at david. "i want my girls." david held his hands up in surrender, heart beating like a drum. "they're not yours." they made eye contact, david looking away quickly. his eyes were angry and can intimidate someone with one glance. "they will be dobrik." mike tightened his grip on the pistol. "where are they?" david's heart beat through his chest. "they're not here." mike's face got angrier as he pulled the trigger, hitting david in the arm. david fell to the ground as mike rushed to him. he grabbed david's collar, pulling him in so their faces were inches apart. "where are they, dobrik?!" his breath was sour and his teeth were yellow and rotting. he must not go to the dentist as much as he needs to. david tried not to breathe through his nose. "they're. not. here." mike got closer. they were almost kissing. "you're lying to me dobrik." as mike said this, sirens could be heard from down the street. david smiled, knowing his wife had successfully called the authorities. as mike looked back to see the police cars pull up outside the home, david raised his good arm, punching mike straight in the face, making him fall to the floor. david scooted back to the wall, away from mike. before mike could make it all the way to his feet, an officer pinned him to the floor, cuffing his hands behind him. another officer picked up the gun that had fallen from mike's hand. a paramedic rushed to david, helping him stand. he wrapped his good arm around the womans shoulders, walking out the door to an ambulance. as david carefully sat on a stretcher, an officer strutted up to him. "mr. dobrik, where is your wife?" david held his arm, wincing as a paramedic cleaned the wound. "she's in the closet of the master bedroom upstairs with my two daughters." the officer nodded before rushing back into the house. the female officer hurried up the stairs reaching the bedroom. she entered, looking around for the closet. once she found it, she lightly knocked on the door. "mrs. dobrik? this is officer kennedy. you may come out now." liza stood from behind the clothing before opening the closet door, seeing officer kennedy. liza picked up the girls, walking out of the bedroom with the officer. "is my husband okay?" liza awaited an answer, thinking of the worst. "he's alright, just a wound on his right arm from the gunshot. we will take him to the hospital and he will be good as new." liza nodded. as she exited the house, she saw her husband on the stretcher, his arm in a bandage. she ran to him, being aware she had two girls on her hips. "hi baby. are you okay? i'm so glad you're alive oh my god." small tears fell from liza's eyes. "babe, slow down. i'm fine. just a few cuts and bruises." david and liza laughed at his attempt to brighten up the situation. "i don't think that is a few cuts and bruises." liza motioned towards the gunshot wound on his arm. "and how are these two doing?" david tickled jayda on the tummy, making her giggle. "yeah, there's that smile your mommy gave you." david did the same to madison, her smiling too. an officer approached them with a serious look on his face. "mr.dobrik, do you have your cell phone on you?" david felt his pocket before pulling out his phone. "do you mind if i see the text messages michael sent you?" david unlocked his phone, opening messages. he handed the phone to the officer. he scrolled through them. "thank you, mr. dobrik." david nodded before the officer walked off. david slipped his phone back into his pocket before paramedics started to roll david to the ambulance. "i will be at the hospital soon. i'm just gonna drop off the girls at kristen's." david nodded as they connected their lips in a short kiss before they lifted david into the ambulance. as the red and white van drove away, liza looked to her left, seeing mike in the back of a police car. she held up her middle finger towards him before entering the house to gather her things.

liza sat in a chair of the hospital waiting room, waiting for her husband. after she dropped off the girls at kristen's, she went to the hospital to pick up david. when she got there he was still being taken care of, so she waited. she stood to get a cup of water. as she turned back from the water station, she saw david come out. she walked to him, a slight smile on her face because he was okay. she wrapped her arms around his waist as he did the same. "hey, how you doing?" liza offered him the last of her water, him taking it and drinking it down. "better." david kissed her head as they signed papers and exited the hospital. they got in the car, driving home. "how about we call kristen and ask if the girls can sleep over, and we can have the night to ourselves to relax and calm down from today's events?" david nodded with a smile. liza picked up her phone, handing it to david to call kristen, as she was driving. david scrolled to kristen's contact before putting it to his ear. "hey kristen, it's david. i was wondering if the girls could sleep over tonight? liza and i need to calm down from today's events." there was silence before david spoke again. "no, we are not going to do that. oh my god please stop. kristen! can the girls sleep over or not?" david paused before replying back to kristen. "thank you, goodbye. no, kristen! stop! goodbye!" david hung up before putting liza's phone back in the cup holder. "she thinks we're gonna have sex?" liza turned onto their street. "yeah." liza nodded and softly laughed. "it's not such a bad idea." liza smirked as david turned to liza, surprise present on his face. liza laughed as she pulled into the driveway. she stopped the car, shutting it off. the couple exited the vehicle, walking up to the broken door. "what are we going to do about that?" liza looked the broken piece of wood up and down. david placed the door back into it's frame, fitting it perfectly. he locked it. surprisingly it works. "all fixed." david smiled as he grabbed his wife's face, connecting their lips together. david deepened the kiss after a few seconds, wrapping his arms around liza's waist, hers snaking around his neck. they made out for a bit, before david picked her up, her legs wrapping around his waist. he walked them upstairs, pulling away from the kiss. "i guess kristen was right." liza laughed as they entered the bedroom. david placed liza onto the king sized bed, connecting their lips again before many more that night.

this is a very long one. 2214 words. holy shit. this may be my favourite one so far.