"Uh, these are for you," he said.

Syl smiled widely and accepted the flowers. "You remembered my favorite flower!"

Jay's cheeks turned pink and he scratched his head. "I just-" He blushed again, mentally cursing himself.

Syl blushed as well and looked down, nervously clutching the flowers. Lonnie leaned around Syl and plucked the flowers from her hand. "You guys realize that this is technically your second date, right? There's no need to be nervous."

"Yeah, hopefully we don't have any sea witches interrupting this one," said Jay, and they all laughed. Everything felt normal again, and Syl turned to her friends.

"See you guys later."

"Have fun," they chorused, waving as Jay slid his arm around Syl's waist. The door shut behind them and Jay guided Syl down the corridor.

"I figured that we could take my motorcycle into town," Say said, running his hand through his hair.

"That sounds good to me," Syl said, smiling at him.

They continued the stream of conversation as they made their way to the garage where the students' vehicles were kept while they were at school. When they arrived, Syl followed Jay to a sleek black and red motorcycle that had two helmets hanging from it.

"I borrowed it from Mal," Jay explained as he gave one of the helmets to Syl. "I figured you didn't want to wear Aziz's.

Syl grinned at him, giddy with excitement. "Thanks." She slid the helmet over her head, careful to watch out for her hair that had been spelled by Mal.

"You, ah, looked really nice," Jay told her as he slipped his helmet over his head. "I forgot to tell you when I saw you."

Syl flushed again, glad that the helmet was covering her face. "You don't look too bad yourself."

Jay laughed as he hopped up onto his motorcycle and extended a hand to Syl. "Have you ever ridden a motorcycle before?"

"No," she said as she grabbed his hand and mounted the bike. "I haven't." She tentatively wrapped her arms around his toned stomach and leaned against his back.

"It's easy. Just lean with the bike." Jay started the bike and turned in his seat to look at her. "Ready?"

She nodded and they were off, maneuvering through the empty parking garage and outside.

It was an exceptionally beautiful day, not a cloud in the sky, and it was predicted to be one of the coolest days in May. They sped through the woods, and Syl enjoyed the thrum of the motorbike, the wind rushing against them, and the warmth of Jay's body pressed against hers.

They made their way into town. It wasn't very crowded as Jay finally stopped the motorcycle at the movie theatre.

Syl got off and Jay did the same, taking his helmet off and resting it on the seat. Syl copied his movements, her hair messed up from the helmet.

She turned to face Jay, and he swept a stray strand of hair behind her ear, blushing furiously. "I know its not the greatest date, going to see a movie, but-"

Syl cut him off, smiling gently. "I don't mind."

They started walking toward the entrance, their arms close to each other, but not quite touching. "Its just that we didn't do much dating on the isle," Jay confessed. "It was more flirting and gang activity."

"I actually haven't been on a date either," Syl told him. "I've been busy with, you know, fairy stuff and helping Merlin in Camelot, and school."

Jay laughed, looking at her. "That makes me so relieved. You have no idea how nervous I was." Their eyes met, but Jay didn't look away. Syl smiled bashfully and looked down. Jay continued. "Ben said I should take you to the enchanted lake, but I can swim so..." He trailed off, shrugging.