Jay and his friends exchanged tense looks.

"Anyone have some bacon? Anyone?" Dude asked.

Uma turned toward Mal, revealing that her smile had been replaced by a wicked snarl. "Okay, give me the wand!" Uma barked. She put out her palm.

Mal drew the fake wand toward herself. "Give me Ben!" she shouted back at Uma.

Uma turned to Harry, who was still holding Ben over the side of the plank. "Let's go, Harry. Let's go!"

Disappointed, Harry yanked Ben off the plank and dragged him toward the bridge.

"Ben!" called Gil. "Before you go! um... can you tell your mom that my dad says hi, and also, tell your dad that my dad says that he wishes he had gotten rid of your dad when he had the chance?"

Ben just looked at Gil as Harry continued to nudge him along.

"Come on!" Uma shouted.

Things happened in quick succession next. Once they had reached Mal, Harry kicked Ben to his knees and drew his sword. Uma held out her hand for the wand again. Mal held out her hand for Ben.

"Cut him loose," Uma commanded Harry.

"I never get to have any fun," Harry complained as he sliced Ben free with his sword.

Ben grabbed Mal's hand, but as he started to stand, Uma put a hand on Ben's shoulder, letting him know that he shouldn't get up so fast-not until she had what was owed her. Uma bore daggers into Mal's eyes.

Mal handed the fake wand to her.

Uma couldn't help grinning once she had the wand in her possession.

Ben quickly leapt up beside Mal and they slunk off the bridge.

Uma retreated to the ship, where the other pirates swarmed around her and celebrated their victory with cheerful growls. She pointed the fake wand high overhead, and Jay mentally prepared for what was going to happen next.

"By the power of the sea, tear it down and set us free!" she incanted.

She thrust the wand at the magical barrier as the pirates grinned and roared.

Nothing happened.

Uma's smile faded.

"No!" she screamed, realizing she had been tricked. She broke the fake wand in two. "You do not get to win every time!" she yelled at Mal and the other VKs, who had gotten halfway up the pier. Uma regarded her crew. "Get them!"

"Now!" yelled Mal.

Carlos used his slingshot to launch a smoke bomb, which exploded in a thick colorful cloud.

The pirates ducked and fell back but were quickly up again.

Carlos chucked another smoke bomb.

"Go!" Uma commanded her pirates.

They roared in anger and swarmed past Uma, who stood furiously glowering at Mal and her friends.

Jay tipped the barrel that they had used to stow the swords and Syl's trident. He doled them out to Evie, Mal, Ben, and Carlos, before taking one for himself. They took strong stances and braced themselves against the pirates, who were charging forward at full speed and swinging on ropes from the ship to the pier. They were out for blood.

In moments, Jay and the others were battling the vicious crew.

Harry had leaped from the ship onto a ladder and landed facing Jay on the pier. He removed his pirate's hat and and twirled his hair, sizing Jay up. he unsheathed his sword and swung. Jay dodged the blade. Soon Harry was swinging his hook, too. They parried and thrust, blade hitting blade. Harry pinned Jay against a wooden rail with his hook and sword locked on to Jay's sword, and Harry's pirate hat fell into the sea below.

Jay's muscles strained as he tried to push Harry back, but Harry had leverage, pushing down on him. The railing, the only thing between Jay and the sea, made a splintering sound. In another second, it could break and Jay would fall.

Harry sneered in Jay's face as he tried to slip out from under Harry's sword, but he was stuck.

Suddenly, a dark blur hit Harry from the side, and the two shapes tumbled onto the ground. Jay quickly jumped up to see Syl kick Harry down while yanking his hook right off his hand. Grinning, she spun to Jay, who was relieved to see that she was all right.

Syl tossed the hook to Jay, who caught it on his blade before holding it out over the edge of the boardwalk, smiling. Harry extended his hand, but Jay let the hook slide off his blade and fall into the sea. Harry moved past both of them, ducked under the rail, and dove in after it.

"You're all right," Syl breathed out, smiling in relief to see that Jay was fine.

"Me? You're the one who disappeared," he said, grabbing her arm, and pulling her into a hug.

Surprised, Syl hesitated for a minute before hugging him back. Guilt gnawed at her stomach as she tried to come up with a lie. "I got lost when-" She cut off when a pirate ran toward them, and Jay pushed her away to disarm the pirate and kick him back.

"We should talk later," Syl told him.

He looked at her. "Yeah. You have a trident up there." Jay motioned up the boardwalk where she could see a few extra swords and her trident inside a knocked over barrel. He opened his mouth to say something more, but two pirates ran up to them, and the rest of their conversation was cut short as Syl hopped up onto the railing and leapt over them and ran to get a weapon.

By the time he had disarmed the two other pirates, Syl had grabbed her trident, and was running to where Uma was strolling across the bridge toward Mal.