"Let's go," they said in unison, moving to the door.

Dude bolted up from his doggy bed on Carlos's bed.

Carlos turned to him. "No, Dude. You stay," he said. "I'm serious. Stay. I love you , buddy. We'll be back before you know it!" He followed Jay out of the dorm.

They ran down the hall and exited into the night.

As soon as they cleared the front steps of the building, they bumped into Doug.

Jay hid the replica wand behind his back quickly before Doug could see it.

"Hey! Have you seen Evie?" Doug asked them.

Jay and Carlos exchanged a long look.

"She... went camping," lied Carlos, Jay nodding in agreement.

"Evie 'I Want to Live in a Castle'? Sleeping on the ground with no place to plug in a hair dryer?" Doug narrowed his eyes at Carlos, then analyzed Jay's poker face.

Jay and Carlos burst into laughter, shrugging.

"You know how spontaneous she is," Carlos told Doug, making light of Doug's concern. He laughed again, and he and Jay backed away from Doug. They had only taken a few steps when Lonnie stepped out from behind a stone column, carrying a quiver of swords in one hand.

"You guys will need this," she said confidently.

"What? We don't need to have swords at the... Waffle Hut," Jay fibbed nervously.

Lonnie raised her eyebrows. "You guys are going to the Isle to rescue Ben and Syl, and you guys will need swords if you need to fight anyone. Besides, Syl will want this." In her other hand, she held up a silver trident that shimmered in the light.

Jay and Carlos looked at each other before Carlos grabbed the swords and Jay grabbed Syl's trident.

"Thanks," Jay said.

"It was the least I could do. I wanted to go with you guys, but two kids from Auradon already got taken. I don't need to be the third. Just... get Syl back. She's one of my best friends. All right?"

Jay looked at her seriously. "I'm going to do everything in my power to bring her back."

Lonnie smiled at both of them before nodding and walking off. Turning back, she looked at the two boys. "Be careful, yeah?"

Jay and Carlos both nodded before heading to the limo. They needed to hurry if they were to meet Mal and Evie back on the Isle.

Mal and Evie were waiting in the noxious alley outside the rusty pipe tunnel when the royal limo rolled up in front of them, and Jay and Carlos got out.

"I'll grab the swords," Jay told Carlos, racing to the trunk.

Mal and Evie approached the boys as Jay opened the it, revealing Dude, who peeked up from a blanket.

"And Dude," Jay added, surprised.

"I told you to stay!" Carlos said to the dog.

"I flunked obedience class," said Dude matter-of-factly.

Jay smirked and rolled his eyes. "Great. And he can still talk."

Carlos lifted Dude from the trunk. "Lucky I love you. Come on."

Jay slammed the trunk shut.

"Oh, let me see," Mal said, and Carlos handed the fake wand to her. "Wow." She looked it over closely, then handed it back to Carlos. "This is great. Thank you so much." Then she turned to her friends. "Al right, are we ready?"