"Who's th-" She broke off as her eyes landed on Syl. "Sylphrenia," she said, shortly.

"Morgan." Syl's voice trembled as she saw the woman that like a mother to her standing in a rickety shack.

"I'm not talking to you," Morgan said shortly, trying to shut the door.

"Wait!" Syl shouted out, sticking her foot into the door. "I just want to know what happened last winter!" The pressure on her foot increased. "Maddie misses you! I miss you!"

The door loosed of her foot as she could hear Morgan laugh. "You miss me? You don't miss anyone. I know who you are. What you are. And you are not my daughter!"

Shocked, Syl's foot slipped out of the doorframe, but Morgan wasn't trying to close the door anymore.

"What do you mean?" Syl cried. "You raised me for years!"

Morgan laughed. "That's what I thought. Until I met a shaman out in the woods one day. He told me... things. Things about you. Things about this world and other worlds. Tales of magic. He told me the truth. Camelot was riddled with lies, so I had to destroy it. And it was working, until you came along."

"What do you mean things about me?" Syl was confused and stunned all at the same time. "You know everything about me. You know more than my friends do, about how I was born here and how my mother is Nimue, and how I was raised in Avalon for a time! You know everything."

Syl could see Morgan's eye glinting through the crack in the doorway. "You don't remember," Morgan whispered out.

"I just told you that!" Syl said, exasperated. "Yes, I don't know anything about last winter but-"

"Come on in. We should talk," said Morgan, opening the door wider. Syl, who was confused at her sudden change in demeanor, entered.

The hallway leading away from the door was dark. The carpet was threadbare and stained, and the house was sparsely furnished. Morgan lead Syl down the hall to a room that looked like it could pass as a kitchen. A stove sat in the corner, and small round table surrounded by mismatched chairs took up the most space in the center of the room.

Morgan gestured for Syl to sit down. Once Syl was seated, Morgan went to the stove, and heated up a kettle that Syl assumed had water in it.

"What's going on?" asked Syl. "What happened? What did that shaman tell you? And why in Auradon did you believe him?"

Morgan, who was grabbing two cups from a small cabinet from the hallway ignored her. Shuffling back into the room, Morgan set the two cups down onto the table. "I need to know this wasn't in vain," she muttered to herself.

"What?" asked Syl, unable to hear what she was saying.

Morgan looked up from where she was pouring the water into the cups. "Oh, nothing. We'll talk once I finish the tea."

"I really don't want any tea," Syl protested as Morgan shoved one of the cups into her hand. "I really just want to know what you're talking about and what happened last winter."

"Really? Not drinking? That's disrespectful. I thought I taught you better than that." Morgan shook her head and raised her cup to her lips.

Staring at the woman who was like a mother to her, Syl drank her tea. It tasted sweet and syrupy, not all like tea usually tasted like. Furrowing her eyebrows in confusion, she tried to set the cup back down on the table, but the blurring lines of the sides disoriented her, and the cup fell off the table. Syl heard the cup hit the ground and shatter.

Syl slumped back into her chair, darkness overtaking her. She saw Morgan standing above, her, her hair hanging down and brushing Syl's face.

"What... did..."

"Everything will be explained when you wake up," said the woman. "Just relax. Don't fight it."

The room spiraled out of focus, and everything became dark. Syl's body slid out of her chair and onto the floor, Morgan making no move to stop her fall.

The woman looked at the girl's limp body. Slowly, she grabbed her shoulder and flipped her onto her back. Syl's head flopped to the side, and Morgan examined the side of her face that had hit the ground. On the corner of her jaw was a small dark line. A crack. Morgan probed the crack with her fingers, cutting the skin. Hissing, she drew back, looking at the shallow cut with blood welling up out of it.

Reaching her hand back down, Morgan took a hold of the side of the crack, ignoring the pain as it cut into her fingers, and pulled.

Parts of Sylphrenia's face came up showing another face underneath, and Morgan gasped.