-Grayson-

"Where do you think you're going?" A voice snapped as I closed my locker to leave.

I turned to see an annoyed looking Harley waiting for me to give her my undivided attention. I didn't want to get on her bad side considering she already looked upset, so I put on the happiest face I could muster after my long day at school.

"Hey Harley, how's it going?" I beamed.

"Your cheerful attitude is obnoxious." She replied in a monotone voice.

"Oh," My face fell. "I'm sorry."

"We have things to talk about." She barked taking me by the wrist.

For some reason it felt like people were always just tugging me around.

"What do we need to talk about?" I asked genuinely as I followed her down the hall to an empty classroom. This was the second time today that I was stuck in a classroom alone with someone I didn't want to be alone with.

"You and your inability to listen to me." She responded as she closed the door behind her.

The room we were in was a chemistry lab. It was chillier than the other rooms and I shivered under the cold air. Harley took a seat on a metal stool and motioned for me to do the same.

"Cold?" She asked.

"Yeah." I nodded.

She opened the drawer and lit the Bunsen burner sitting on the lab table. I felt alarmed to be alone with the queen bee next to a fire when she didn't seem happy with me. I like to assume the best of people but I couldn't help but feel nervous.

"Did I do something wrong?" I asked innocently.

Her blue eyes were icy and it almost felt like her glare was the source of the cold tingles running through my skin.

"Where'd you go during the party on Saturday?" She asked coolly.

"Uh," I knew I wasn't good at the whole lying thing so I just gave her the truth. "Ashton took me home."

"You slept with Ashton?" She gasped.

"No!" I practically shrieked. The embarrassment made me want to hide in one of the various drawers in the lab.

"He just took you back to your place?" She raised an eyebrow at me.

Well he took me to his place first, but close enough.

"Yup." I gulped.

"Grayson!" She groaned. "What happened to staying away from Ashton?"

"I tried!" I offered frantically. "But I had a drink with something in it and I was really out of it, so he took me home so that I wouldn't get into any trouble."

"Stop babbling." She snapped. "What about Peter? I thought you guys were going to work things out."

Peter. I had almost forgotten about him...

"Yeah, we did work things out... kind of." I replied.

"Kind of?" Harley looked like she wanted to smack me.

"I don't know," I stammered. "He apologized to me for the awkward date we went on. He was so sweet and kind, so I forgave him. But then he asked if we could try things out again romantically. But I don't know."

"You don't know." Harley mocked. "Grayson, the most popular guy in the whole god damn school is practically drooling over you and all you have to say is 'you don't know'?"