Spring the Season of Rebirth

Start from the beginning

"You Kanker girls shure can drink." Said Eddie jokingly.

"Please this is nothing, you should have seen me on the road." Marie gave a little giggle when Lee shouted,

"Ok soup's on, Eddy you got the meat?"

"Oh she knows I got the meat." Eddy being a bit tipsy winked at his friends.

Edd recoiled, "Eddy, how vulgar."

Marie had also been drinking a bit, she put her finger over his lips, "You're one to talk oven mitt." She said grabbing between his legs.

In embarrassment Double D pulled down his hat over his face, "Marie we're in public!"

Ed picked up the whole lawn chair with Edd and Marie still in it. "Come on guys it's dinner time." And began to carry them toward the picnic table.

Everyone sat around the table eating and talking. They laughed and teased eachother enjoying the beautiful spring weather. Lee kept looking at May waiting for her to give a sign she was ready to make her big announcement. Finally she saw it. She glanced at May who smiled and gave Lee a small nod.

Lee stood up and declared, "All right all you bums, listen up May has something she wants to say."

Everyone focused on May, she turned to look at Ed and was silent for a few moments. Ed noticed a small tear run down her cheek but she was still smiling. "What's the matter princess? Does your tummy hurt?"

"No big Ed my tummy is happy." She reached in her pocket and pulled out the pregnancy test, "You're going to be a daddy."

Everyone was stunned. All Ed could do was stare at the test in his hands. Everyone began congratulating the two of them slapping Ed on the back, and hugging May when Ed stood up abruptly and screamed "Noooooooo!" As he ran across the Cul DeSac and into his house.

May stared at her front door. "Is he not happy?" May began to weep, her heart was broken. "Did my big Ed just leave me."

Lee and Marie looked at eachother and got up to walk across the street.

"Hey, where are you girls going now?" Eddy yelled.

Lee glared at Eddy, "To go ask him where he get's off hurting our baby sister like that." She turned back around and the sisters continued.

Double D stood up, "Marie wait, we should discuss th...."

"Edd, I'm gonna need you to stay out of this one." Marie didn't even look at him she kept walking across the street.

The sisters barged in the house and Ed ran up with a large box under each arm. He forced one into the arms of each sister and yelled, "Hurry sisters trash!" Before running back into another room of the house.

Lee and Marie looked at eachother confused. They opened the boxes and they were full of Ed's comic books and Dvds.

"What the hell?" Marie said.

They set the boxes down and Ed was frantically throwing his monster statues comics and more space creature movies into a box.

"Ed! What are you doing?" Lee shouted.

Without slowing down his packing Ed screamed, "Monsters will scare baby, Ed will not allow!"

Marie walked up to Ed and put her hand on his shoulder. "Ed stop." He did exactly as he was told and froze. "May is sad because she thought you weren't happy about being a dad."

Ed stared blankly for a moment processing the information when he realized what he had done. Ed ran out of the house back to Eddy,s. He ran up to May and wrapped his arms around her. "Ed is sorry, he got scared that all of the monster stuff would frighten baby and went to throw it out. Don't cry princess."

May sobbed on Ed's shoulder, "So you're not upset about the baby?"

"No princess. Ed will be a good dad and throw out all of the scary things."

"Ed you big dummy, you don't have to throw all of your things away. Why would you even think that? We can move them all to the basement, and you can have your old room back just like you used to.

Ed, smiled, he was delighted that he could still keep all of his favorite things. "Ed loves his princess."

"I love you too Ed. So you didn't run away from me, you were worried about the baby?"

Ed was a little embarrased realizing now that he over reacted. "Uh, yea."

Eddy slapped Ed on the head with a spoon, "See lumpy you gotta think sometimes. You scared May half to death. Lee and Marie were ready to beat the hell out of you."

The two came walking back to the BBQ, "And we woulda too." Lee jokingly threatened.

Seeing as how everything was settled everyone sat down to finish eating all while teasing Ed.