He laughed slightly, "I really need your help."

"What do you need me to do?"

"Well, it's quite simple, really. I need you to cut the stake out of me," Klaus said looking down at a pair of blood pliers on the rug.

"Oh, wow, you're serious. Okay, um..." Maya began, picking up the pliers, "Where exactly is it?"

He stood up and turned around, holding himself up on the piano.

Maya started using the pliers to see if she could get it out, "It doesn't look like there is anything here Klaus."

"It's there, keep looking."

"I heard about what happened with you and Tyler," Maya said, trying to distract him.

"You did?" Klaus said sounding slightly regretful.

"Yep," Maya said, pushing the pliers in extra hard and he hissed in pain, "not your best idea."

"He needs to be put in his place."

"God, you're ridiculous," she shouted in exasperation before pulling out the pliers.

"What are you doing?"

"I'm not helping you until you admit how absolutely ridiculous you are being and you let Tyler come home."

He looked at her in surprise but did nothing but sit there.

After Maya cleaned up, she walked over to a crying Hope and sat on the couch with her.

She played with her as Klaus tried to ge it out on his own.

"I can feel the splinters moving towards my heart," Klaus moaned, "Help me!"

"Agree to my terms."

"What makes you think I won't just break the terms?"

"Because then I'll be pissed off, you don't want that," Maya said and stood up, putting Hope back in her carseat.

"Why can't you just help me?" Klaus said, his voice getting louder.

"You need to learn."

"And me dying, teaches me what exactly?"

"Do what I asked and you'll live."

"I will not have my hand forced by you or anyone else!" Klaus shouted

"What is wrong with you? I'm reaching out to you despite everything that you've done, and you still can't get out of your own way. Why do I even try with you? I'm done," Maya said, turning to walk away.

Klaus vamp sped in front of her, "Don't turn your back on me!"

"I should have turned my back on you ages ago!" Maya shouted angrily but immediately regretted it.

"It's gone," Klaus said after a moment of silence.

"What?" Maya said in confusion.

"The pain. The, the pain is gone. It was, it was never there. He got in my head. Silas...," Klaus explained, pointing to his temple, "got inside my head."

He grabbed Maya's hand before continuing, "You took my mind off it. You brought me back, Maya."

Maya pulled her hand away gently, "If Silas can make you, of all people, believe that you're dying...what can he do to the rest of us?"

"It's no-" Klaus began but Maya cut him off.

"I shouldn't have come back," Maya said as she went to grab the kids.

"Wait," Klaus said, grabbing her hands and stopping her, "don't go."

"Why do you care?" Maya asked, pulling her hands away.

He furrowed his eyebrows, obviously not understanding her question.

She scoffed, "I have defended you. Every time any of my friends say something bad about you or assume you did something. I defended you. And I'm starting to think that they were right. Whenever I think that maybe, just maybe you have some humanity left, you do something to prove me wrong. I thought that you cared about me, but clearly I was wrong about that too."

Maya turned away so he wouldn't see her cry, she let out a sigh of defeat before picking up the diaper bag.

He grabbed her arm, spinning her around to face him and looked right into her eyes. Without saying a word, he pulled her closer to him and kissed her.

Once they separated, Maya looked up at him in surprise but nothing had ever surprised her more than the four words that came out of his mouth next.

"Move in with me."