An angsty drabble !!

Gray barged into the apartment, breaking the silence of the room. He slammed the door shut, letting the bang echo through the hallway. His breath wavered, panting loudly as he tore aside his shoes.

Juvia rushed out from the bedroom, an unfinished scarf interlaced between her fingers.

"Gray-sama?" Her soft voice sent a shudder down the ice mage's spine. Juvia let out a shriek as Gray lifted his head, revealing a purple cheekbone. The familiar yet foreign black markings trailed from his right eye all the way down to his arm. He sent her a glare, letting his eyes float away from her watery ones.

"Gray-sama, what's wrong?" Juvia begged. She let the scarf drop to the marble floor, reaching her hands to his sweating bare chest. She wrapped her arms around his heavy body. She immediately jerked her hands away when they grazed a fresh wound at his shoulder.

Gray lifted a weak arm and shoved her away.

Juvia's heart broke as she felt the harsh force against her arms. She's never seen Gray this enraged. He's never been the sweetest talker, but he's also never been the type to be violent towards her. Juvia was used to his constant rejection, but from the bottom of her heart, she knew something was very off.

"Gray-sama!" Tears poured down her face. "Tell Juvia, please," she wept. "What happened?"

Gray ran a scarred hand through his upright hair and threw his shoes at the door. The ear-splitting crash caused Juvia to flinch.

Before Juvia could question him any further, he staggered into the kitchen. Using a bloody fist to support his limp legs, he wrapped his bruised fingers around the fridge, jerking open the door and fumbling his hands around before forcing open a bottle of water. He splashed the cold liquid over his face, clenching his jaw in pain as it seeped into an open wound.

"Why are you like this, Gray-sama? She brought a hand to her mouth as she hiccuped. Her usual smile was completely turned around as a miserable frown clouded her face.

"Why I'm like this?" Gray growled. He smashed the bottle onto the counter and crumpled it between his strong palms. "You're unbelievable, Juvia," he muttered, exhausted. "You should go back," he gnarled. "I don't welcome you here anymore."

Juvia felt her lips tremble. "What happened, Gray-sama?" Her knees shaked weakly. "Please..." she wailed. "Please tell Juvia". The devastated girl collapsed to the frigid floor. "Tell Juvia what's wrong," she bawled into an open palm. Her voice was disappearing as her throat burned.

Gray tugged aggressively at his chain and jerked open the bedroom door, staining the walls with his bloodied knuckles.

"Figure it out yourself..."

The door slammed shut behind him.

Juvia took a big gulp and she let out a whimper as the action scorched her throat. She couldn't breathe as her tears showed no signs of stopping. She leaned against the door of his bedroom and shakily brought her knees to her chest.

She cried her heart out.

•••

Gray sat silently on the edge of his bed, a hand tightly enclosed together around his necklace. The curtains were drawn down and the only warm light that gave the room a dim glow was from a gap beneath the door.

Gray always kept himself away from others in his dark, dark world. He clenched his jaw as he listened to the sobs against the door. He didn't want to hurt the only person who managed to barge into his world and completely turn it upside down. She was his only light but he had turned it away.

He pressed his palm against his face. He was being stubborn, he knows. But the unknown throbbing pain that had entered his heart wouldn't leave. Not until he threw a fist at Bora's face.