The Fire Exit

"Ow... my head..." Skylar groaned. She raised her hand up and rested it against her forehead. She raked her hand through her hair and then mustered up the courage to sit up. She swung her legs over the side of the bed, throwing the bedsheets off of herself but not before groaning again.

 She had the CRAZIEST dream. She couldn't remember it exactly, but it felt so real! Obviously, she enjoyed it, but she can't help but feel like she would be really awkward.

 She stumbled into the bathroom and took a shower, the warm water partially taking away some of the pain from her foggy mind. By the time she stepped onto the wet tiles, all the pain had subsided. Once she got dressed she took some painkillers just to be sure the pain wouldn't occur again.

---

 She walked into the precinct and met Jake's eyes.

 "Martinez," He simply nodded to her. She narrowed her eyes at him but carried on walking forward to her desk. Once she sat down, she rested her head in her palms, rubbing her eyes. She saw Amy walking up to her.

 "Hey," She said. "You okay?"

 "Yeah, I'm fine, just a bit confused."

 "Alright then..." 

 Skylar sighed and slammed her head on the desk. But it was just a dream, she thought, why is he so awkward? Unless... No, no. Don't be silly, Sky! Of course, it was just a dream, you're probably just overthinking everything.

 A few hours later 

 "Hey, we're going out for drinks. You coming?" She looked up to see Rosa. She huffed and stood up, packing her things. 

 "Sure, not like I have anything better to do..." Rosa snorted and walked away, Skylar following suit.

 --- 

 She gulped down yet another pint of beer, not caring about the burn that trickled down her throat. "Bring me another pint, Jake!" She drunkenly shouted at him, who hadn't even had a sip of any alcohol. He took the glass out of her hand, slamming it on the table. He sighed and walked over to the other side of the table, grabbing her hand and taking her up to the roof via the fire exit. 

 "I need to tell you something, Skylar."

 ----- 

Sorry if this is a bit shorter than Mia usually writes it, she didn't give me much to work with heh

 Anyways, my name is @TCA_Binch and I wrote this chapter of love hearts :) I also have some books ongoing at the moment so if you wanna see more of my writing check that out! (Shameless self-promotion) 

Mia's Note: I hope you guys enjoyed this as much as I did! Make sure to go check her out as Together Again is probably my favourite book ever!

 Word Count: 442