Crosswords

*+*Skylar's PoV*+*

"Dismissed,"

Second day and I was being thrown into the deep end, Jake and I walked out together exchanging a quick glance before walking to our desks. Amy was also sat down at her desk, doing what looked like a newspaper crossword. "Hey Amy," I said, dragging out the 'y'

"Hey," said replied not taking her eyes of the puzzle. "What's a six letter word for upset?"

"Skylar."

She glanced up from her crossword for the first time, "Wait, why?"

"Jake's ignoring me but I don't know why!"

"Maybe you'll get closer on the stakeout," She suggested, wiggling her eyebrows.

"No- I- I cant. I have a boyfriend Ames!" I blurted out. Stupid Skylar! Now the whole precinct knows you've got a boyfriend. Jake even looked at me, shocked. I sighed to myself before saying "I'm going to get ready" as Jake and I were leaving in an hour or so. I stood up and pressed the down button on the elevator, smiling weakly at Amy before the doors closed.

*le timeskip brought to you by my science teacher and Lin Manuel Miranda*

I took the key out of my pocket and jammed it into the door, jiggling it around a bit before the door finally opened. I stepped into the mansion and took in the sights; the bright, glistening chandelier; the grand fireplace with pictures of my parents scattered neatly on top. I jogged up the stairs and into the grand bedroom, proceeding to change into some more comfier clothes. Ding! My phone vibrated in my hand.

Best Detective Ever

Best Detective Ever
Leaving soon don't be late!
You
I won't xx

*+*Jake's PoV*+*

I won't xx

Skylar put a kiss after her message! I'm sure it meant nothing, as I've learned today, she has a boyfriend. She probably sends kisses to everyone, right? I leaned back in my chair just staring at the kisses. "Ooo who sent you kisses!" Charles exclaimed.

"No one!" I said, quickly covering up the name.

"Sure," Charles replied, with a determined look in his eyes. "Well I'm going to make you a nice healthy salad for your stakeout!" Charles skipped off happily to the kitchen. "Boo!" A voice said behind me. I whipped my head around to see Skylar, smiling again. "Hey,"

"You ready?" I asked.

"Ready as I'll ever be."