First night at Chapman Cottage

It wasn't even 9pm when Tessa decided that she couldn't hold on longer.

She couldn't even remember when she went to sleep that soon. Maybe the last time was as a child or something like that.

She cleaned the table, dumped everything in the sink ready to do dishes tomorrow.

Luckily she already made the bed.
Just like when you arrive in a hotel for the first time, she just free fell onto the bed. Arms and legs hanging down like a starfish.

She was so tired she didn't even remember if she tucked herself in or not, but she ended up underneath the sheets, sleeping like an angel.

Until about 3 am.

She woke up from a faint noise downstairs. It wasn't entirely clear to her if she dreamt the noice, or if it was factually there. She turned around anyway trying to fall asleep again.

And then she heard it again. Did she lock the door? Are people breaking in?

It took a while before she decided what to do. And that final idea was to wake up and go have a look.

She wasn't sure if she would turn on the lights or not. But she did anyway. The house is not yet natural to her and she might fall down the stairs if she isn't careful enough.

When she came to the living room, where she thought the noice came from, she waited a second, with her hand on the doorknob.

Breathe in, and she fell in the room. Sort of trying to jump scare whoever is there.

She turned on the lights.
Nobody.

Except for her bag that was on the floor again and the chair in the corner that fell over.

She planned on using the old chair to paint the walls and then get rid of it.

And now it was tipped over. Without reason.

"Tomorrow" she sighted and went back upstairs.

Again she star fished into her bed and in no time she was sleeping again.

The rest of the night came down calmly. She didn't have any curtains yet, but the street lights couldn't bother her and the fact that she was so tired made her sleep deep and long.

And she was to need it. Hard work is still to be done. Painting. Unpacking. Assembling furniture. More of that stuff. Hanging proper lights.

But that's all for later.