Some of the walls also have neon art hung up on them. It's a bit eccentric for my taste but I like how it looks under the black lights of the club.

"This place is out there," I comment as I take it all in. When Mia mentioned going to a club, this is not what I expected. I feel like I'm in a different universe.

"Let's go," Mia tells us excitedly and weaves her way through the throng of people who are all huddled up in small and big groups around the club either dancing or drinking and talking. I notice that a lot of people are wearing glow sticks around their wrists and necks. Some are even wearing them as halos or around their waist. Why is beyond me. I think it's all a bit weird, but I just go with it anyway, because there's nothing wrong with trying something new.

Gracie and I follow Mia very closely as she makes her way through the dance floor. It's a bit of a hassle to get through all the gyrating bodies, but we finally make it past everyone in our way and reach the bar where a drink is calling my name.

"Shots?" Mia asks us and we nod. I'm not much of a shot gal but tonight I don't care what I drink.

Mia orders three shots of tequila and the bartender gives her our drinks plus a glow in the dark bracelet for each of us. We put them on and instantly feel slightly less out of place. They also make us blend in a bit more and that makes me feel more at ease. It also makes me glad I chose an all-black outfit for tonight because if I wore any other color, I would have stood out like a sore thumb under all the black lights.

Maybe that's the point of this place but I don't like standing out. I like blending in.

My outfit isn't anything special but I love it. I chose black jeans, a simple blouse and my favorite pair of boots. It's all very simple but classy and I'm so glad I chose it over Mia's suggestions, which consisted of only bright colors. I now understand why she was trying to get me into such bright outfits and am glad I went with my gut instead. Unlike me, Mia and Gracie both wore bright colored dresses, and as you can guess, they are both glowing underneath the black lights and they're loving it.

"Cheers!" Mia says and we bump our shot glasses before downing them. I nearly gag when it hits my throat, but by some miracle, manage to swallow it down until it's all gone.

I feel it burn a hot trail down my throat and swallow past the disgusting aftertaste it leaves in my mouth.

"Here. Eat this," Mia tells me, squeezing a lime wedge between my lips. I bite it and suck out the lime juice before tossing it in my now empty shot glass. She takes it from me and replaces it with a beer bottle. "Now drink this."

"When did you get this?" I ask surprised.

"Just now," she says and bumps her beer bottle against mine. "Bottoms up."

I take a sip and even though I don't love it, I do prefer it over tequila because it's not as strong and has a better taste in my opinion.

"Like it?" Mia asks and I nod just as Gracie walks up to us with a mixed drink in her hand.

"Want to try it?" she asks Mia. Mia turns down her offer, but I don't. I take a sip from her drink and nearly moan when hints of pineapple and coconut hit my tongue. "It's so good," I comment.

I take a few gulps of my beer and Mia points her finger at me and I smile knowingly. "You be careful. I don't want you getting drunk just yet. We still have a long night ahead of us."

"I can't make any promises," I say and finish the rest of my beer. "Next round is on me." I can tell Mia's worried about me, but I'm not. Tonight I'm letting loose and forgetting about everything that has been plaguing my mind for the last couple of days.