The Night

I sat atop the tallest building in Gotham and I watched the city below me. My feet were hanging off the edge. I saw robbers go into a bank. I was going to swing down but I saw a flash of blue and red go into the bank. I sat back down on the building and when Superman flew out with the robbers in his hands I turned on my comlink.

"Good to see you again, Superman." 

"Where are you? I can't hear your heartbeat."

I chuckled, "Where's the fun in telling you where I am?"

He then looked at the building I was on. He flew up to me and got close to my face. I felt my face heat up and he said, "There is your heartbeat.

"Why do you listen to my heartbeat?" I asked.

He smiled and he said, "When we fight villains, everyone's heart is beating really fast in anticipation. Yours is always slow and calm. I listen to it in the back of my mind when we fight."

I looked at him with a blank expression as he stared at the stars with a smile. He continued, "I can tell when you get hit because your heartbeat increases."

I said, "What did you need to tell me?"

His face blushed bright red and he said, "I think I've had a realization... I think I love you."

My heart missed a beat as I froze. Did I love him? He loves me. Why are emotions so complicated? I think I know I need to do. 

"Clark I.."

The building shook and before I could pull out my grappling hook I fell down off the building. I was caught by superman as I was holding on to his neck. His arms were around my waist as we flew higher above the commotion. I was staring into his eyes, I didn't realize I was staring until Superman chuckled. I quickly snapped out of it and I looked down. All the buildings shook a little as an earthquake ensued. Superman held me tighter and I turned back to him smirking at me. I raised an eyebrow at him and he said, "I would have never imagined this happening. The mighty Batman hanging on to me like a kitten stuck in a tree."

I smirked and said, "Don't make me wipe that grin off your face."

He laughed and said, "And how are you going to do that?"

I wrapped my legs around his waist and pushed myself, so I was taller than him. I leaned down and said, "Because I always know how to make you weak."

He blushed bright red and I leaned closer. My eyes closed as I kissed Superman. He kissed back. We shared a passionate kiss until I needed air. Electricity coursed through my veins as I kissed Clark deeper. My heart started beating faster than it ever had before. When we pulled apart Superman was about to say something when Flash started talking on my comlink. "Batman there was an earthquake in your area, status?"

I simply reached into my mask, took out the comlink, and I dropped it. I watched it fall to the ground. Superman smiled and said, "Do you want to leave or stay in the sky?"

"They will see us if we are in the sky. Let's go to the Batcave."

Superman flew us to the Batcave. Once we got inside he set me down. I looked at him and I said, "So, what now."

He smirked at me and said, "Well first I think we should go on a date."

I smiled and he said, "I'll pick you up tomorrow at noon. No costumes."

I nodded and he left. I sat in my chair as my legs gave out. My heart was still beating fast as I pulled up the robberies again. For the world's greatest detective I couldn't figure out who was behind the robberies. They were too coordinated to be a gang, they weren't normal robbers, and all my suspects were locked up in jail. I decided to leave it and I actually went to sleep.

A/N

Yasss, I am on a writing spree, school starts tomorrow and I am super nervous. Anyways hope you enjoyed, bye~