The Questioning Begins

I walk through the Watchtower, confused by the way Clark acted. The door opened before me and I stepped into the Leauge meeting. I sat in my spot as the team stared at me. Diana stepped up and said, "Superman will not be able to attend today." I felt everyone turn to look at me. I glared at the wall right behind Diana, not moving. My heart speed up. They know, I'm ruined. After the tense meeting, I was the first to leave. I think I should pay Clark a visit. I was almost to the hospital wing of the watchtower when I felt a hand on my shoulder. Diana's voice said, "He passed out after he turned in Poison Ivy. We found him on a rooftop." I continued walking to the hospital when Diana called out, "Don't criticize him too hard." I opened the doors and stepped inside into an empty room. I pulled the curtains so no one could see in. I looked at Clark. He was asleep. I sat in a chair by his bed. As I sat down his eyes opened. They looked at me and said, "I'm so sorry."

I responded with,  "That was dumb, rushing in without knowing about the opponent. Why did she say, 'he is the one you desire.'" He looked at me then looked away. I asked him, "Is there something you are not telling me?" He looked at me and he said, "I don't know what I'm feeling right now." I nodded and left the room. She wouldn't have said that for anything. Ivy saw something in Clark's mind, I had to find out what. I went down to earth and I went to the prison Ivy was in. I was sat down in the interrogation room with no one else on the other side of the glass. I slammed my fist down on the table and said, "What did you see?"

She looked smugly at me before she said, "I guess you'll never find out, Earth killer."

I whispered into her ear, "If you don't tell me everyone will know about your little 'Get together with Harley'"

She glared at me and said, "He cares deeply."

I left and went to the cave. 'He cares deeply,' what is that supposed to mean. I sat down to contemplate the new information when a call came in for me. It was from Wonderwoman. She sounded slightly panicked as she said, "He's gone."

I said, "Who's gone?"

She said, "Who do you think, Superman."

I shut off my comlink and I pulled up the secret tracker I put on most Justice League members. His was in the middle of a forest. I sighed quietly and I got in the car to drive to the location. The location was an hour away from me. I drove for an hour to the forest where Superman was. When I got to the location of the device I saw Superman. He was sitting in the middle of a clearing. I went up to him and I said, "They want you back at the Watch Tower."

He continued looking at the sky as he said, "They don't need to worry."

I said, "They just want to make sure you are ok. They are your friends. Clark, Are you feeling ok?"

Superman looked me in the eyes and he said, "I'm confused in my head but it is nothing I can't manage."

I sighed and  said, "What are you confused about?"

He looked at me and he said, "You."

A million thoughts ran through my head as my heartbeat increased. He looked at me and moved closer. He reached his hand to my face, stopped, and flew away.

I waited for my heart rate to slow and for my breathing to return to normal. I hopped into my batmobile and went back to the cave.

I went to my computer and I asked Alfred to bring me some teal. I sat remembering the strange robberies of Gotham. Several had been committed, but nothing was actually stolen. The robbers wore joker masks. Joker was locked up in Arkham Asylum. I decided to hack into the security cameras. As the computer was hacking the cameras I decided to review footage of my most recent battles to see what I could do better. In one of the battles, Superman and Wonderwoman were with me. I was reviewing my moves when Superman flew into the video to save me from a piece of crumbling roof. I admired Superman's muscles, as they were obvious beneath his skintight suit. I sat there for a couple more minutes before I checked on the security cameras in Arkham. Everything was in its place. I decided to work on some minor cases before the sun rose again. I went into the manor which was unusual for me and I sat in the kitchen. I was looking outside the window when my comlink beeped again. 

I turned on my comlink and listened to their conversation. 

"Has anyone seen Superman?" said, Wonderwoman.

I went back down to the cave to see where Superman was. I pulled up the tracker to see he was in the Fortress of Solitude. I called in on Superman's comlink. He picked up and my heart speed up when Superman's strong voice said, "What's up?"

"The Leauge is worried about you." I heard him sigh as I finished talking. 

He said, "I need to talk to you about something." 

I responded, "Do you want me to come there or....." I trailed off as he chuckled and my face heated up. 

His smooth voice came over the comm, "I'll come to get you later tonight."

I waited as I reviewed the footage of the recent robberies.