19. Sasuke & Sakura

Start from the beginning

Nonetheless, Ino continued the teasing after the little boy left. "You crushed your flower," she said with a straight face.

"What are you trying to get at with me, Ino Pig?"

"Exactly what I told you earlier. You need to stop being a medicnin and worrying about other people's bodies for a second, and start worrying about yours. I mean, you're getting married after years of drowning yourself in work, studying, and training. Have you ever even touched yourself?"

"I—I...."

"Exactly. Now, you just got to remember what I said. Start with one fing—"

"Gahhhhh," Sakura responded before her apparently new sex-life advisor finished her sentence.

Ino was the one who initiated a hug this time. She held Sakura from behind, placing her chin on top of Sakura's head. "You love Sasuke-kun. Sasuke-kun loves you. I just want you to have the best experience together, because I know you both deserve it. You more than him, even. And as your best friend," she continued, "I reserve the right to stick my nose in the middle of your business until you and Sasuke are officially married."

Sakura let her childhood friend's words sink in for a moment, then she conceded to letting her head fall to the counter in a loud thud, accompanied by an even louder groan. "Ino, I am SO STRESSED OUT now."

*******************************************

On her way back home, Sakura decided to take her time and go for a walk. She wanted to organize her thoughts yet again, so she took every detour she could, until she eventually found herself at the foot of Naruto's new house. The sight of the place paired with the thought of her old friend made her smile, so she decided she might as well knock on his door and see how he and his wife are doing.

"Sakura-chan!" Naruto greeted her gleefully as soon as he opened the door. "You're here too!"

"Too? What do you m—" Before she could finish her sentence, she saw Sasuke standing in the living room across from her. "Oh, Sasuke-kun," she said, feeling suddenly self-conscious. It seemed that Sasuke felt the same way, as he called out her name softly, looking the other way for a quick second before looking back at her with a slight blush on his cheeks. He didn't anticipate seeing her again quite this soon.

Not realizing it, Sasuke and Sakura had been staring at each other for a moment too long while Naruto kept looking between them suspiciously. "What's going on with you two? You're acting kind of weird."

"W-what? Weird? We're not acting weird. Nothing's weird," Sakura responded quickly in a most unconvincing voice. Naruto squinted his eyes at her then walked over to Sasuke and did the same. A very pregnant Hinata walked into the living room and quietly observed the scene.

Sasuke let out a small sigh as Sakura came and stood next to him. "Well, there's no point of keeping this a secret anyways." Sakura's heart started beating a little faster and Naruto just looked more confused, having even less of an idea of what was going on.

"Sakura..." Sasuke started, "is becoming an Uchiha."

Silence fell in the room for a moment. Hinata's eyes widened then turned into a gentle smile. Naruto, on the other hand, started looking between his old teammates again, eyes blinking rapidly.

"Sakura-chan's becoming an Uchiha...? How...? Wait—" Naruto moved closer to Sakura's face and stared at her. "Does that mean—EHHHHHH?!" Naruto suddenly screamed. "DID SAKURA-CHAN GET THE SHARINGAN SOMEHOW?? That means, that means—Oh no, she's going to be even stronger and scarier now! Kowai kowai kowai—"

Sakura and Sasuke stood there looking at their friend with straight, annoyed faces. "Honestly, Naruto, even after all these years and everything we've been through, your stupidity sometimes still never ceases to amaze me," Sakura mumbled.