13. Kuroōkami

Hello my loves! I'm so sorry this took forever, but the writer's block is real. I hate how my writing turned out in this, but just know I did everything I can. Hope you enjoy!

                                            **************************************

It was crazy how the desert could be ice cold at night and blazing hot during the day. For about forty five minutes now, the hooded men had been walking Sakura and Sasuke to an unknown destination. Everyone was soaked in sweat and drowning in their thoughts, trying to read the next move of the person next to them.

The whole situation was quite unsettling. Sasuke was considering blasting them all off already, but he didn't want to underestimate the shady-looking men even though he was pretty confident in his own abilities, and Sakura's.

A few more minutes passed, when finally a low building appeared within their visual vicinity. It was the same color as the desert sand, the only thing making it stand out was the red graffiti that splattered across its windows. It was surrounded by cacti and brittle bushes, and a small desert fox leaped from behind them when it heard the footsteps. When they got even closer, they noticed there was water at the rear of the structure.

Sasuke grabbed Sakura's arm and halted their walking. "We're not going any further than this," Sasuke declared.

"Come on now," the hooded man spoke again. "You already came all the way here. Just meet the boss, and you can be on your way."

"Your boss can come out here if he wants," Sakura offered.

"Let's not argue about this," the hooded man said with an even voice, trying to mask the threat in his words. "Please, come inside."

No one said anything.

"Well then, it's settled."

***********************************************

The inside of the building was much bigger than it appeared on its outside. It seemed that whoever these people were, they'd taken the time to dig underground and set up a full facility. For what, was the real mystery.

The halls and staircases were all painted dark colors, contrary to the exterior. It made Sasuke feel as if he'd teleported to a completely different dimension. There were too many doors with locks, and for such a big space allegedly full of men, the silence was eerie.

The two ninjas followed the group down to a large room, where their supposed leader was. Upon their entrance, Sasuke and Sakura immediately took notice of the large painting on the wall behind the seated man; the head of a black wolf. Its minimalistic style made it clear it was supposed to symbolize something, in this case, their organization.

The room was unexpectedly formal, with a wooden desk and a library full of books organized alphabetically. The man sitting behind it wasn't wearing a hood, but his face was still concealed with a black mask that spread from the forehead till below the nose, just like the other men.

The members of the Kurookami pulled back the cloth on their head and quickly got down on one knee, then stood back up. "Ronin-sama," one of the men began to speak. "We found these two making camp in our territory within a few miles from here. We thought you'd like to meet them, perhaps they could be of some use to us."

"Nani?!" Sakura exclaimed. "What are you talking about? We agreed to no such thing."

Ronin-sama was wondering as well what his men were going on about, then he took notice of the diamond on Sakura's forehead and of course, Sasuke's eye.