Shopping for the Homeboy

Jotaro knows it's time. He's been dating Kakyoin for an entire 2 months and he knows that he wants to marry him. He may not know much, but he knows that you have to get an engagement ring if you wanna propose to someone.

So that's how he finds himself in the middle of traffic on the way to a Diamonds Direct on a rainy Saturday afternoon, with 20 greenback in his pocket and no idea of what kind of ring Kakyoin would like.

"Frick! Stupid Corolla cut me off!" Jotaro slams the horn, angry.

"Jotaro? What's wrong?" His mom's voice wafts from the Motorola DynaTAC 8000x in his off hand.

"Just traffic..." he grumbles, furrowing his thick brows as he moves his car into a faster lane.

"Anyway, where are you going, sweetie?" He didn't have GPS and had called his mom for directions to the Diamond's Direct.

"You already know..." he hadn't actually specified where he headed, he had just asked for the way to the mall the store was in.

"No, like what store in the mall?"

"Diamonds' Direct."

"Why?"

"I'm getting a ring."

"For Kakyoin? You've only been dating for 2 months..."

"I don't care! He's my homeboy and I like him and I wanna cop a ring for him!"

"He might not accept, though. He's young, and he just got a job at Pizza Hut too, so he might not want to-"

"I said I don't care. I work at frickin' Dick's Sporting Goods, and I'm still gettin' this ring, so I don't care." Jotaro stops paying attention to the road and doesn't notice the blue Prius that is dangerously close to him approach. When the cars in front of him move, he doesn't go fast enough, and gets rear-ended by the Prius. He jolts forward, hitting the airbags.

"F-frick! Oww! Meemaw, I'll call you back." He hangs up quickly and looks behind him, a symphony of car horns honking around him.

He rolls down his window. "I'm suing you, you idiot! I ain't paying for you to rear end me!"

He rolls up his window again, sighing loudly. He just wants his gosh darn engagement ring. He hops outta his car, and goes and walks behind the Prius that hit him. He has no time to call roadside assistance now and deal with this guy, he just has to memorize the license plate.

"Hey, what are you doing, you idiot?" A woman near him shouts.

Jotaro doesn't answer, just writes down the plate number on a napkin he had in his car and a pen he got at Sea World when he was 5, and climbs back into his vehicle.

"Okay, meemaw, I'm sorry I hung up, I just got rear-ended and-" the second Jotaro calls up Holly, the Prius smashed into him again.

"Oh, he just did it again. Okay, just give me another second." Jotaro crawls into the backseat so that he's two meters away from the driver, and sends out Star Platinum to go beat the living crap out of him. After a good 20 seconds, he decides that he's taught the driver and lesson and climbs back into the front seat, banging his head hard against the sunroof in the process.

"Heck!" He slams his fist against the roof, cracking his knuckles against it. It don't even crack.

"Okay, I think I'm on for good now." He calls up Holly for the third time today, now feeling quite passed off.

"What happened? Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm calm. Anyway, I'm getting near the mall now, I can see it. Thanks for the directs, meemaw."