C42: The Confession

Start from the beginning

Alexios hadn't moved, only stood there, staring at the floor now.

"Amorges said that... he was my father".

Saying it out loud, it still felt weird. As if she was lying to them...

They, who had all gone quiet, as if hadn't registered yet.

Kassandra was the one able to get around it the quickest - Melainas words that day after confronting Lagos weren't all that confusing anymore. 

It was Darius who reacted first though. A spite having built up inside him over the years for a man who used to be his friend.

"You mean to tell us that you-" Darius had started coming towards her, a bitter look on his face when Alexios stepped in front of him,

He was bigger than Darius and, the ery silence that he gave him, made the old man lose his nerve as he stepped back a little but, not enough for Natakas.

"Pater, stop, its not her fault", Darius looked over to Natakas, quickly turning defensive over his outburst - this was something she should have told them immediately - not left till now.

"But she-",

"She what" Natakas asked, he threw his hands up in the air, "she didn't ask for this" Natakas told him, "just like I didn't ask for us to run. I didn't ask to lose my brothers and sisters and mother" Natakas told him, "that is your fault".

The rest only watched, the guilt having laid heavy on the old man's heart...

"Natakas" Darius pleaded, "I..." he trailed off, he'd never wanted it either...

"Kassandra trusts her", Natakas told him, not wanting anymore apologies.

Eos had glanced over at Kassandra and she'd nodded her head - this didn't change anything... Kassandra had seen the truth that day they'd kill Chrysis. She'd seen who, what, Eos was and, she'd never doubt her - not for a minute.

"And that's enough for me so, it should be enough for you too",

"It doesn't make her any less of a threat" Darius said, turning to Eos, "I know what Amorges is like, he won't stop until he gets what he wants",

"I'm never going to submit to him Darius" Eos told him, "I've been threw far more shit with the cult than I have with them",

"Then he'll have you killed " Darius said, "if you don't submit to their order, you'll meet the same fait as the rest of us",

"I don't plan on dying anytime soon Darius" Eos said, she bit her lip and took a breath, "Amorges though",

"And you'd be the one to end him" Darius asked. Eos snorted a little,

"I killed the woman who raised me Darius" Eos said, "why do you think a man who left me to the cult of Kosmos is gonna be any different".

Unnerved for the second time that day, by a child that had been cultivated and raised by an organisation much like the one he was trying escape from, Darius left, followed closely by Natakas who wanted to remind his father how it was he should act.

Glaukos had pulled himself up too, hobbling away on his wooden legs to give the other three some privacy - he'd been given the job of deciphering peices of evidence and notes that Kassandra had collected from dead cultists and order members and, he knew they'd rather hear what Eos had to say than what he did...

In all honesty, Glaukos just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time and, had done a little too much snooping for their liking. If it hadn't been for Eos - who he was sure had made it clear to them that he had to live - the Order would have killed him and thrown him back in to the sea no doubt...