C3: The List

"Kallinos the beauty" Kassandra asked as she looked down at the scroll Eos had given her,

"Uh huh" Eos was trying the snake scaled breastplate on for size. It hadn't fit as well as Barnabas had thought it would but, it'd do until she found a blacksmith who could adjust it for her – and was much better than the old travellers robes she wore.

"Is he really a beauty" Kassandra said, raising a brow as she looked over at her, Eos shook her head,

"No, got this gods-awful moustache too. Very... uhh" Eos shuddered, "But, he's most likely got the most tactical mind n Greece",

"And he's just a simple captain" Kassandra asked,

"Well, tortured babies don't really make very reasonable leaders Kassandra, do they".

If her brother was anything to go by, then no.

"And he's in Fort Phyle, near Attika" Eos shrugged,

"He has whores in Attika" Eos told her, "Always was a little more adventurous when it came to those sorts of things. Doesn't usually stray too far".

There were five other names on the scroll.

Asphodel the Flower

Akin the Warrior

Melaina the Red Rat

Glaukos the Blue

Pyros the Flame

Eos had told her that she didn't think she'd have to add Deimos or herself to the list, honestly hoping that she wasn't going to mistakenly kill one of them on her travels.

There were also others, names of merchants, of priests, politicians - even Poldarkes - who was already dead and, a name that didn't surprise her on the slightest. Kleon.

Eos wasn't completely sure, they were just as secretive with them as they were each other except, Eos and the others never had the honour of wearing masks. They'd been secluded - only a handful of people knew their faces - unless you were Deimos.

"Do you have any idea where the others are" Kassandra asked, Eos shook her head,

"Not really. I know where they were before but" Eos shrugged, "For all I know, they are all dead" she pulled her hood back up over her head, "Could spend the next few years chasing ghosts". Kassandra nodded, passing the scroll to Herodotus.

He'd been all over the Greek world, maybe he knew a name.

At first glance, he didn't but, he took the scroll down under the deck anyway, looking through his writing for anything on some unsung warrior he'd passed on his travels.

Kassandra walked Eos back on to the dock, following her as she walked over to some barrels of fish just on the sand,

"Eos" Kassandra said, she turned to her, "What happens if my brother finds out what you're doing",

"I don't have an answer for that Kassandra" Eos admitted, "He might kill me. He might leave me be. Might drag me back to the cult" a small snarl came from behind the barrels of fish then, making an old fisherman throw his fish on the floor and run away, swearing to the Gods. Eos smiled, "Or maybe he'll be eaten by a lycaon",

"Does the lycaon have a name",

"Laelaps" Eos said,

"Ahh, the dog that never failed to catch what it hunted" Herodotus was there now, clutching the scroll in his hand, it hadn't taken him long.

"Yes" Eos said, "One of my favourite stories as a child" she tilted her head at the fish, "Never did live up to his name though" the lycaon snarled a second time from where it lay, it's belly full of fish as it lay in amongst the barrels, not bothering to move.