Oh, Aang... I hesitate to answer. What's the right thing to do here? Ozai is responsible for the deaths of so many people, including Aang's entire kin, Katara and Sokka's mother, and countless others. One would say that justice would be for Ozai to die too. 

But why does Aang have to do it?

"I think..." I say. "That's your choice to make."

"So, you think I should?" 

"No!" I sit down next to him. "Even if I did, it doesn't matter what I think. You're the one who's gonna carry out the job, Aang... it's yours to decide."

Aand looks upset. I know that wasn't the answer he was expecting from me. I know he trusted me enough to probably do what I told him, but that's not what this is about.

"Look," I say. "I know you. And I know that if you decide based on your morals, on your values, on what makes you, well, you, then you'll always make the right choice. I trust you."

That seems to have calmed him down a bit.

"Why don't you want to fight him with me?" He asks.

"Because," I say. "I just... feel like it's not my place. I've been meditating this a lot, Aang. My entire Avatar status was a vessel that was never used. All the hardships I've faced during the war, at least, since I've been involved with you, have been at the hands of someone else."

My gaze drifts over to Zuko.

"I think I know where I have to be to end this war," I say.

"I trust you will," Aang says. "Aida, I've felt a lot of pressure about this many times. I wouldn't want to put that pressure on you."

"That's very thoughtful of you, Aang," I say. "Either way, we're both Avatars, right? If it's truly necessary, I could connect with you."

"How do you know that?"

"I learned quite a few things at the sanctuary," I reply. "Just trust me."

Aang lets out a sigh. Then, he and I stand up and walk to catch up with the rest of our friends. I'm glad he and I could talk this out beforehand...

I'm sure this is the right way to go about it.

***

"Guys!" Katara wakes us up. "Aang's gone!"

My eyes jerk open when Zuko sits up quickly. The two of us exchange alarmed looks and run out of the room after quickly grabbing our clothes. We find everyone gathered at the house's courtyard, all with the same worried look.

"Did he leave any traces?" I ask.

"I've been looking but I can't find any," Katara says.

"Well..." I say. "If he left during the night, he couldn't have gone that far. We're on an island so we know he's still around, right? Maybe we could split up to cover more area."

"Good idea," Sokka says. "Suki, Katara, you check the village. I'll check the shores. Aida, Zuko, check the forest."

"I'm coming with you!" Toph hugs Zuko's arm tightly. "Everyone else had a life-changing field trip with Zuko."

I can't help but let out a muffled laugh. As we set out, Toph touches the ground to check if she can find Aang. When she stands up, she lightly shakes her head in denial and we continue walking on.

I use what I know of airbending to move the trees; through earthbending, I move some rocks and boulders to see if Aang could be hiding behind any of them, but there's no sign of him. After a while, Toph kneels and checks for vibrations again, but there's still no sign of him.