Zuko looks to the ground. "While you were still in prison... I came here once with Azula. It was just a dumb few days on the beach, you know, for teenager's standards. But I thought a lot about you that time. I think of all times I did, that one hurt the most."

I place my hands softly on his arms. "Hey... that already happened, okay? We're here now, together. We made it out of that."

Zuko smiles lightly, but he still looks sad."I know I already asked you this, but... how could you have really forgiven me for doing that to you?" 

"I already told you. I saw you really wanted to improve, and you deserved a second chance," I say. "That's why I did forgive you, Zuko, and not just me. Aang forgave you too, and Sokka did, and Katara. That's a milestone because she isn't easy." 

Zuko and I chuckle lightly, and then, I cup his face with both of my hands."I'm sure even your uncle has forgiven you," I tell him. 

Zuko looks at me with a blend of sadness and hope. 

"So what you did in the past doesn't matter as much," I continue, "so long as you're moving forward from it right now. And you are, Zuko. More than anyone else I know." 

Zuko pulls me in for a tight embrace. I hug him back tightly and pull him in for a soft kiss. 

"Thanks, Aida," Zuko says.

I pull away to look him in the eyes. "Always."

Soon, the rest of our friends come out of the theater. They find us standing in the hall and approach us.

"We're gonna interrupt your ooey-gooey couple moment to tell you this was probably the worst choice of a vacation," Sokka says.

"What the heck?" I say. "Sokka, you chose it."

"And I regret it deeply," he says, "except for the fact that I gave my actor some lines that I'd actually say. Heh, did you hear the audience laughing?"

"Yes, we did," I say. 

"You guys okay?" Katara asks.

"Yeah," Zuko replies. 

"Look, we all appear as jerks in that stupid play anyway," Aang says.

"Speak for yourself!" Toph exclaims. "I'm awesome."

"Well, almost all," Aang says. "Anyway, let's not let that bring us down, okay?"

"That's alright, Aang," Zuko says as he hugs me softly. "I got some help."

"I'm glad I could help you," I look up at Zuko, who leans down to kiss me softly.

"Eugh," Sokka says. "Whatever, cut it out, get a room. ANYWAY, shall we go home now?"

After all of us laugh at him, including Suki, we all return to Zuko's house here on Ember Island. On the way back, Sokka tries to cheer us up and talks about his random Sokka nonsense. But as we walk, Aang pulls me back slightly.

"Aida, I need to talk to you," he says.

"What's up?"

"Are you going to fight the Fire Lord with me?"

His question catches me off guard. 

"I... I don't know," I say. "Do you want me to fight him alongside you?"

"Honestly... I want you to choose," he says.

"Seriously?" I say. "Why? What's bothering you?"

Aang sighs and sits on the ground. "Do you think I'll have to kill him?"