The air was tense, as Tony Stark and Steve Rogers were now too, standing by the door. Stark didn't look surprised and Steve's mouth was set in a firm stern line, like a mother ready to scold her disobedient child.

Loki had already put a considerable amount of distance between himself and the nameless woman as the other three men in the room stared at him.

"I'm not gonna say I told you so," Stark was the first to speak, directing his words at Thor's back, his arms crossed over his chest, "but I'd like to know who she is, and how exactly she got in here."

Loki hadn't been out his room in weeks, the halls of the Avengers' beloved tower had been noting but a blurred memory to him. Even now as he was led down the hall to the elevator that travelled between floors, he was certain that if he ventured out alone, he would've been severely impaired.

The drop down was silent, with Thor and Stark not saying a word. Steve had remained, in Loki's room, trying to coax the girl from it. She would not move an inch when Thor pulled Loki away, and stayed rooted to the ground like a defiant child.

When the elevator stopped, the doors opened silently, and Thor was free to drag Loki by his arm to the common room.

Natasha Romanov was there, as well as Clint Barton and Bruce Banner. The spy looked nonchalant as she watched the commotion with calculating blue eyes. Bruce shied away, staying to himself by the wall near the large window that over looked the city, and Clint's glare never wavered. 

"Talk. Now."  Thor says, releasing his tight grip on Loki's arm.

Loki relaxed under his brother's harsh gaze, he leaned against the back of the plush leather chair, and gave Thor an unimpressed look. "I would if I knew what happened." He says, a nervous twitch in his fingers, Loki sets his jaw. "She just appeared."

Thor eyes narrowed again, and a sigh blew out softly from his nose. Loki could tell from the way he was watching him, with poorly veiled suspicion, that he didn't believe any of it. He had spent his life locked in a web of lies, and had adapted, taking on that mannerisms. If his brother truly believed that nothing else but false words fell from his lips, then he would not bother trying to convince him otherwise.

"So, you're telling me, she just happened to appear in your room." Tony says, raising a dark eyebrow in question, "Just like that?"

"Yes."

Tony sent a look Thor's way, a silent I told you so, and Thor shook his head, blond locks swaying with the motion. "This is not the time for your games, Loki."

"It is not fun when no one else is playing." Loki rebutted, crossing his arms over his chest. 

                  °•°•°•° 《》•°•°•°•

STEVE ROGERS WAS A PATIENT MAN, NEVER HARSH AND ALWAYS UNDERSTANDING. He stares at the frightened woman, with her back still against the wall, she eyed him suspiciously where he stood.

He kept a good distance between them, and had stopped trying to get her to come with him. She had calmed some, pulling her knees to her chest and wrapped her arms around them to keep the position.

Steve couldn't help but notice the unsual air around her, the way it surrounded her like water, rippling off her like crashing waves. She hadn't spoken a word, and Steve was convinced she was mute, but she hadn't given him any indication to such.

Her silver eyes darted over to every shadow in the room, made by the moonlight. He had tried to turn them on, the lights, but they weren't working, so he left the door wide open, letting the light from the corridor come in. Her hair hung over her shoulders in pale waves, and every now and then, she would tug at the strands.

"It's okay, you know." Steve says quietly, afraid that if he spoke any louder than he did, it would only scare her more. "Its just us in here, you can talk," he gives her a gentle smile.

He could see that she was considering his words as she stared at him, her bottom lip tucked between her teeth, her eyebrows furrowed. Her long eyelashes dusted the top of her cheeks when she blinked, and looked out the window for a moment.

Steve was hoping she would talk, so they could at least know what was going on here. They had heard the scream, from two floors down, and he and Tony didn't waste any time getting to the source. He had wondered for a moment, if her silence was Loki's doing. He wouldn't put it past him.

"What's your name?" Steve tried, and he copied her position, sitting on the floor. Perhaps that might ease her a bit, "I'm Steve Rogers,"

She continued to stare for a moment before he head tilted as though she was confused by his question. She raised her slender hand and pointed at the moon.

Steve followed her point, and stared at the moon with furrowed brows before looking back at her. "Moon?" He asks, that couldn't have been it though, because she shook her head.

"My name, is Luna."