(teaser) By The Light Of The Moon

"I hunt," he said coldly. "It's what I do."

     He reloaded his revolver. Long brass cartridges slid into place with a series of smooth clicks.

     My breath makes thick clouds of fog as I shiver. My shoulder is burning with pain. Blood runs down my arm, dripping from my fingertips, drying and caking on my skin. My once-white shirt is smeared and mottled with brown and green, blood soaking the majority of it.

     A distant howl echos down the canyon, drawing nearer. It's greeted by a accompaniment of others, high and low.

     The man's cigarette glows orange against the dark night sky. Ashes fall from it as he turns his head toward me. "You've really got quite the luck, don't you?" he asks me. I don't know how to respond to this. Picking up on my obvious confusion he clarifies. "Of all nights for you to end up in the woods, you picked tonight? Somebody up there don't like you, my friend." 

     Again I don't know what he means by this. But then he motions his head toward the moon, and it suddenly hits me.

     "No! This is insane! This is the twenty first century. I can't believe I'm even considering this. I must be completely crazy, but I can't deny the fact that...It's full... "

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please comment and message me with your input!

And a Big thanks to Ebonwing8 for the editing! You're the best.