28

WARNING: OFFENSIVE SLURS TARGETED AT HOMOSEXUAL PEOPLE

Posters. Posters were hung up everywhere, copies of Noel's diary, zoomed into the exact words of him confessing his crush towards Roman were up on every single corridor and floor of the school.

Roman was fuming, his eyes wide and filled with craze as he stood at the middle of the hallway.

He glared at the crowd that had gathered around these posters, most of them taking pictures and laughing, some gasping and showing it to others. It was safe to say that everyone had seen Noel's entries.

When they noticed his crush, staring at them with burning hatred, some jocks began to laugh, jumping up and down in excitement.

"Roman, dude! Did you see this shit? Some faggot's diary had been exposed. He's written some sick sexual fantasies about you, you have to come to take a look!" Roman didn't move, his lips pulled down into a snarl. He wasn't seeing red. He saw crimson.

"You think it's funny, huh?" He growled, his voice raspy and perilous. He wasn't a bomb about to go off and destroy the entire school and the buildings around it.

He was a nuclear weapon about to end humanity once and for all. Without letting the jock answer his question, he pounced on him, tackling him onto the floor and punching him left and right, pounding his face.

People took videos, nobody trying to help the beaten boy. They were too afraid to get involved, knowing that nobody could take on the school's biggest devil. They knew that he could singlehandedly take on anybody.

"CALL HIM THAT ONE MORE FUCKING TIME AND I'LL BASH YOUR TINY BRAINS IN!" He roared, sweaty and furious, smoke coming out of his ears practically.

He threw the boy at the lockers, kicking him and punching, the boy's nose bleeding. He even tried to fight back, but it was no use. The most he got out was a few punches, only bruising the older and much stronger boy's cheekbone.

"You make fun of him one more fucking time, Sam, and I'll not only choke you to death but also everyone you love. I will fuck up your life, and I can promise you that," he whispered into his ear loudly so that he could hear him through the ringing he also heard.

"Y-You know w-wh-who wrote them?" He asked, whimpering in pain after his question. The boy was bleeding profusely.

Roman didn't answer, punching him one more time before letting him drop onto the floor, almost passed out. As he walked away, he heard some of Sam's friends rush to help him, Sam groaning in pain.

Roman walked in front of the crowd, pushing them harshly and out of his way. He then began ripping down the copied posters of the diary violently. Roman turned around, looking into every boy's eyes with his piercing ones, almost daring them to say something.

"One of you motherfuckers have this boy's diary. I'm giving you an hour to return it to me or in front of my dorm." He checked his wristwatch and calculated the time.

"If it's not there by then, then some people will be bleeding, some will be in the hospital. Even if they are innocent. If you don't want blood to be spilled, then return the FUCKING DIARY."

"I suggest you go with the second option if you don't want to be losing a body part."

He then turned on his heels, his shoulder bumping into one of the lockers before he went down the hallway, ripping the papers off the walls. He went from floor to floor... until he heard crying coming from inside of one of the lockers.

It was low and quiet, almost defeated and muffled. He knew the master code, so with that, he opened the locker, his gut dropping as Noel's body also did.

Noel was bruised and beaten, tired and weak. Roman dropped onto the floor, pulling him closer with a shocked expression blooming onto his features.

"Noel?!" He yelled, almost not believing it himself. He heard teachers running into the area, obviously having heard about the incident he had caused. But he couldn't care, not while seeing his boyfriend in such a condition.

Noel wouldn't stop crying, clutching onto Roman's shirt like his life depended on it, obviously traumatized and scarred after being stuffed into a tiny locker for God knows how long.

Roman hugged him gently, standing up with his blood boiling. He was so infuriated that he could pass out from all the blood pulsing through his veins.

Overwhelmed, he picked the beaten boy up bridal-style, allowing the teachers to see what those motherfuckers had done to the angel of the school.

"Mr. Halls-" one lady had begun to say, gasping when she saw her favorite student in such a state. "Noel!" She gasped, flabbergasted as she walked closer, her jaw dropping.

"Get out of my fucking way," Roman growled, scaring the authority. They knew that the only thing they could do was to inform the nurse and send her to his dorm after Roman walked away. He would face punishment later. But for now, he would need to take care of the broken boy.

"Shh, baby. I'm taking you home, okay? You're going to be okay, I'm going to take good care of you." He quickly walked to the elevator as he comforted the poor boy who did nothing but cry softly, mumbling things like "No, no, no" or "hurts" over and over again.

Roman pressed the button to their floor quickly, his hands itching to just go back and destroy everyone who's looked at Noel in the wrong way. But even he was hurt then. He was hurt by looking at his love in that state and seeing him so bruised.

"You're going to be okay."

But he wasn't okay. In fact, he almost dropped Noel once he saw the state of their room. The entire room was trashed, the mattressed and sheets lifted off their beds, the cushions on the couch flipped, their windows painted in red, a huge "FAGGOT" written on their windows in red paint.

Noel cried harder when he saw the room he got beat up in, turning his head away and shaking it, sobbing until his chest hurt. Roman was too frozen to react. His eyes darted all over the room as he regained his power to comfort the boy in his arms.

"Don't cry, precious." He fixed the bed with the boy on his hips, crying into the crook of his neck. He then laid him on it, checking his face. His lower lip was bleeding and his entire face had bruises on it.

Thankfully his nose wasn't damaged, but he had a huge handprint on his cheek. He had obviously been slapped multiple times. Roman caressed the damaged skin, making the younger hiss in pain.

"I'm so sorry I wasn't here, baby. This is all my fault." Roman spoke in a soft voice, almost in a whisper. "I'm going to make sure that nobody ever touches you or hurts you ever again." Noel hadn't said anything in a while, which scared him. Not even when the nurse came and inspected him.

Roman had helped Noel take his shirt off for further inspection, the nurse gasping at the damage done to him. His entire chest was covered in purple bruises that were gigantic. His hips also hand handprints and bruises.

His stomach had little scars that were done with nails probably, but some were bleeding. The nurse treated them and wrapped his wounds. Thankfully he didn't have any broken bones.

"He's dismissed from class for three days. He needs plenty of rest, Roman. Whoever did this will be found, I promise."

Noel knew who had done it. But for some reason, he refused to say who it was. Whenever he was asked out it, he would shut up and look down, like a machine turning off.

"Thank you," Roman could only say, looking at his bandaged hand. He knew that he wasn't going to class also. He would be there with him for every second of the three days he had to rest.

"His parents will be informed about this in case they want to visit. And you're welcome, Roman." She turned to Noel, who miserably looked at his bandages.

"I'll come by tomorrow afternoon for check-in. Until then, rest, Noel. Take good care of yourself."

As she was about to leave, she turned to Roman, "Oh, and Mr. Halls? You can stay for three days also. You're suspended anyways." She smiled sweetly and left.