Chapter 30

Goldenstreak blinked. She was in the medicine cat den. Goldenstreak tried to stand up but was overcome with dizziness.

"Lie down, you fainted." A voice commanded. Goldenstreak lied down. She looked around and saw Acornfur.

"How are my kits?" Goldenstreak asked.

"They are fine, Brightkit had a cut and Pinekit has a bite mark but not too deep." Acornfur responded.

"How is Duskpatch?"

"He is well too." Goldenstreak sighed in relief.

"Is anyone hurt?"

"Well, Lynxtalon has a nasty cut on her side and Birchtail has a bad nick on his ear." Acornfur replied. Then her eyes narrowed.

"You are lucky you are a queen, you killed two cats." She said. Goldenstreak looked down. The warrior code stated that she shouldn't kill unless she had to.

"But I was protecting my kits." She protested.

"Oh I know, Gingerstar understood too. I'm saying if you weren't protecting your kits, you would have been in serious trouble." Goldenstreak nodded.

"Duskpatch also killed that brown tom, but were are not sure if we should punish him since we don't know if it was necessary to kill."

"The grey tom on top of me told the brown tom to kill my kits." Goldenstreak told her. Acornfur nodded.

"Then it was necessary, I'll tell Gingerstar." Goldenstreak watched Acornfur leave. She sighed. Soon there was rustling in the at the entrance and Duskpatch came in. Goldenstreak purred.

"I'm so glad you came when you did!" She exclaimed. Duskpatch rubbed against her.

"I'm sorry I didn't come sooner, I tried to get to the nursery as soon as the war started but there were too many cats." Duskpatch apologized.

"All that matters is that you came." Goldenstreak purred. Duskpatch rubbed against her. Acornfur came back in.

"You can go back to the nursery, just relax and get lots of sleep." She said. Goldenstreak nodded. She got up slowly and began to pad out. Duskpatch helped her since she was still dizzy.

Brightkit, Pinekit, and Amberkit were sleeping in their nest (Amberkit, Pinekit, Brightkit, and Goldenstreak's nest). Goldenstreak padded to them. Brightkit blinked.

"Mommy!" She cried! Amberkit and Pinekit opened their eyes. They all ran to her. Goldenstreak licked each of them on the head before lying down in their nest. They joined her and yawned. Duskpatch purred, there wasn't enough room for him, but he sat right next to them.

Firepaw poked his head in.

"Just wanted to let you know that I'm becoming a warrior tonight!" He exclaimed. Goldenstreak purred.

"That's great news!"

That night Goldenstreak watched Gingerstar jump onto High Stump.

"Six of our apprentices our ready to become warriors. Firepaw step forward!" Gingerstar called. Firepaw stepped forward. "Frostfang stand up!" Frostfang stood up. Gingerstar continued. "Frostfang is Firepaw ready to be a warrior?"

"Of coarse!" He answered proudly. Gingerstar nodded, pleased.

"Firepaw, you were excellently mentored by Frostfang. You have trained hard in the ways of the Warrior Code, and you are ready to become a warrior. Firepaw, do you promise to protect your clan, even at the cost at your life?"

"I do!" Firepaw said.

"Than let StarClan look down at this new warrior, Firetuft!" Everyone chanted Firetuft's name. Firetuft joined the clan.

"Cinderpaw step forward!" Gingerstar called. Cinderpaw stepped forward. "Leaflight stand up!" Leaflight stood up. Gingerstar continued. "Leaflight is Cinderpaw ready to be a warrior?"

"Yes!" She answered. Gingerstar nodded.

"Cinderpaw, you were excellently mentored by Leaflight. You have trained hard in the ways of the Warrior Code, and you are ready to become a warrior. Cinderpaw, do you promise to protect your clan, even at the cost at your life?"

"I do!" Cinderpaw said.

"Than let StarClan look down at this new warrior, Cinderstorm!" Everyone cheered and chanted Cinderstorm's name. Cinderstorm joined the clan.

"Smokepaw step forward!" Gingerstar called. Smokepaw stepped forward. "Sparrowsight is Smokepaw ready to be a warrior?"

"Definitely!" He responded. Gingerstar nodded.

"Smokepaw, you were excellently mentored by Sparrowsight, You have trained hard in the ways of the Warrior Code, and you are ready to become a warrior. Sparrowpaw, do you promise to protect your clan, even at the cost at your life?"

"I do!" Smokepaw said.

"Than let StarClan look down at this new warrior, Smokefur!" Everyone cheered and chanted Smokefur's name. Smokefur joined the clan.

"Owlpaw step forward." Gingerstar called. Owlpaw stepped forward. "Greystone stand up!" Greystone stood up. Gingerstar continued. "Greystone is Owlpaw ready to be a warrior?"

"Of coarse!" He answered proudly. Gingerstar nodded, pleased.

"Owlpaw, you were excellently mentored by Greystone. You have trained hard in the ways of the Warrior Code, and you are ready to become a warrior. Owlpaw, do you promise to protect your clan, even at the cost at your life?"

"I do!" Owlpaw said.

"Than let StarClan look down at this new warrior, Owlspark!" Everyone chanted Owlspark's name. Owlspark joined the clan.

"Eaglepaw step forward!" Gingerstar called. Eaglepaw stepped forward. "Crowtalon stand up!" Crowtalon stood up. Gingerstar continued. "Crowtalon is Eaglepaw ready to be a warrior?"

"Yes!" He answered. Gingerstar nodded.

"Eaglepaw, you were excellently mentored by Crowtalon. You have trained hard in the ways of the Warrior Code, and you are ready to become a warrior. Eaglepaw, do you promise to protect your clan, even at the cost at your life?"

"I do!" Eaglepaw said.

"Than let StarClan look down at this new warrior, Eagleflight!" Everyone cheered and chanted Eagleflight's name. Eagleflight joined the clan.

"Hawkpaw step forward!" Gingerstar called. Hawkpaw stepped forward. "Mudear stand up." Mudear stood up.

"Hawkpaw, you were excellently mentored by Mudear. You have trained hard in the ways of the Warrior Code, and you are ready to become a warrior. Hawkpaw, do you promise to protect your clan, even at the cost at your life?"

"I do!" Hawkpaw said.

"Than let StarClan look down at this new warrior, Hawkspeed!" Everyone cheered and chanted Hawkspeed's name. Hawkspeed joined the clan.The clan chanted their names.

"Firetuft, Cinderstorm, Smokefur, Owlspark, Eagleflight, and Hawkspeed!" The clan cheered Goldenstreak congratulated her friends.