2• Jesse's Number is Going on the Jeep!

Start from the beginning

"Tonight's the night!" He yelled and went inside my room. A minute later, he ran down and jumped in the pool fully clothed.

We got out soon after, as more and more people followed suit, jumping into the pool. It was practically a full-on pool party at this point. I gave a few of the other basketball guys high-fives as I made my way onto the back patio, grabbing another beer out of the cooler. I grabbed another and handed it to Zach, which he easily took. We clinked our glasses together before taking a swig. I took a bit too much at once, but at this point, it didn't really matter.

My phone buzzed and I pulled it out of my back pocket, struggling to read the text. The words were all kind of blurred together due to my drunken state, but I finally managed to pull myself together enough to read the text:

Hannah: You seriously jumped off the roof and into the pool? What have I told you about doing that, you dumbass?!

Hannah: You are such a dumbass. I'm gonna totally kill you when I see you next.

Hannah: I was gonna drop by your house after dinner, you know? So we could have some alone time. Too bad for you, that's not happening anymore.

I groaned and rolled my eyes, showing my phone screen to Zach.

"Yikes," he muttered, sipping his beer. "You aren't getting any tonight..."

I slapped his arm and slid my phone back into my pocket. "Nope," I said, shaking my head.

I used to be one of those guys who couldn't stand going too long without getting physical with anyone. I used to hook up with countless amounts of girls each week, it was honestly kind of revolting. But ever since Hannah and I had started dating, my "player" lifestyle had completely faded away. Which also meant that my sex life decreased by a good 80 percent.

"That's just not right," Zach said, shaking his head.

I shrugged. "Nothing I can do 'bout it, just gotta drunk this beer," I slurred. It was a good thing Zach was equally as drunk as I was because if he hadn't been, he probably wouldn't have been able to understand a word that was coming out of my mouth.

"I've got an idea!" Zach exclaimed, pointing his finger in the air as if a literal lightbulb had just popped up over his head.

I furrowed my eyebrows. "What kind of idea?"

"It's called... we're gonna get you some ass!" Zach yelled (a bit too loud for my liking).

My eyes widened. "Zach, dude... I'm kind of in a relationship."

"And so?" Zach said, rolling his eyes. "You're so ridiculous, Jesse. Just cause you're in a relationship doesn't mean you've gotta be loyal!"

"I think that is what it means, actually," I said. "It's called monaganaminity."

"Monaganaminity?" A voice said from behind me and Zach and I turned around to face DeShawn who stood in the doorway. He walked outside to meet us. "Monogamy's what you mean, I think."

"Right! That!" I said.

DeShawn rolled his eyes. "You two have had way too much to drink," he said, simultaneously grabbing both of our beers from our hands.

"Hey!" Zach protested.

"I don't want to hear it," DeShawn snapped. "Now why on earth would we be talking about monogamy? This has something to do with Hannah?"

"She's denying the dick!" Zach exclaimed and I once again slapped his arm.

"There were so many better ways to word that," I muttered, shaking my head.