chapter eleven: shrimp scampi

"you know, i've never been to your house since that one day

"you know, i've never been to your house since that one day." jane spoke up, sitting at a booth in scoops ahoy with her girlfriend.

jane loved being able to call starling her girlfriend. this beautiful blonde was all hers.

"do you want to come over? you'd probably have to meet my mom, though." starling dragged the spoon of mint chocolate ice cream out between her lips slowly, causing jane to stare at them.

"mhm." jane mumbled. she looked around before kissing her quickly and going to put some distance between them.

starling chuckled before checking the time on the girls wrist.

"my break ends soon." she sighed. she balled up a napkin and threw it into the empty ice-cream cup they had just shared.

"i'm staying here until your shifts over so you can drive me to your house." jane smiled. starling smiled once more, happy that she was going to spend more time with her.

starling and jane made it to the back, where robin was. it was currently steve's turn to sling ice-cream and such.

"hey rob." starling greeted before jane stopped in front of the table. starling got the memo and lifted her up onto it.

"hi robin." jane smiled, not looking at robin but instead at her sister.

"hey lovebirds." she said back. jane wrapped her legs around starlings waist, causing starling to lean in and press soft kisses to janes lips.

"i'd appreciate it if you didn't make out in front of me." she threw a plastic spoon at janes head, causing the younger girl to turn around and glare.

"we're not even making out rob. you're just mad because you're single and can't get any." starling stuck her tongue out at robin, to which robin stuck her middle finger out at the girl.

"can't get any what?" jane asked quietly when the siblings were done being childish.

——

"okay, so my mom is a bit.." starling tried to find the right thing to describe her, "... big."

all three of the girls sat in the old chevy truck. jane was squished in the middle of the buckley girls.

"she's intense."

"she starts these regimens-"

"like doing yoga or learning how to play piano.."

"and then quits half way through once she finds something else."