Chapman Cottage

"So, are you ready for a final tour of the house?"
"Yes mrs. Hurt. I am looking forward to it."
"Very well, let's start then!"

And so the tour began.

"So one of the things we did was to keep the interior structure as it always has been. The whole feeling of the house would get ruined otherwise. We did renovate everything, but we didn't change too much."

"I see. It looks amazing."
"One of the things we did was changing the windows. We now have double glass windows instead of one. Only in the attic we kept the original Art Nouveau window. But if you close the room well, the cold normally doesn't get in the house."

"Ok. That's fine by me."

"We do have a fully renovated bathroom. You need to have some modern pleasure don't we?"

"Yes. I would think so too."

"We did keep the original taps however. They were too beautiful to remove. So it doesn't really match the style of the rest of the bathroom, but it has character."

"Actually it doesn't bother me too much. I like the old look."

"So for electricity, if you think about solar panels, we tried to arrange that, but we feared the roof wouldn't be able to hold very well, and we were advised to let the idea go. But we managed to isolate the house very well, so you don't have to worry too much about heating expenses in the winter."

"Oh that's lovely. Very nice of you to at least consider it."
"Thank you very much! Now, if you plan on making an extra room in the attic, that is possible. We arranged the electric circuit to reach the attic too, but we just happened to not use that space."

Tessa nodded in excitement. She couldn't wait to sign the papers and move in. The whole place is just so romantic. A nice, late Victorian, early Edwardian cottage.

"We already cleared a lot of space in the house, as you can see, most of the shelves and etcetera are empty, but I have a request for the attic."

"Yes?"

"All previous owners were so nice to leave the remaining private belongings of the original owners in the house."
"Private belongings?"
"Things like ink pots and pens, some photographs. I think there's also some books. Anyway. They were of the Chapman's, and as I said, all previous owners were kind enough to leave all these things in the place where they belong..."

"And you are asking if I will do the same."
"Yes."
"Mrs. Hurt, it's a pleasure. Of course I will look after these things. I will make sure that they stay here as part of the heritage this house is."

Mrs. Hurt placed her hands on her heart.
"Oh that's so nice of you! That makes me happy. We took so much care of this house, it's nice to see that you will do so too!"

They finished the tour around the house and the garden.

Only to end with a little downside.

"Oh I'm so sorry" she started, "I forgot the bring the final papers for you to sign."
"Is that a trouble?"
"No I don't think so. You seem like an honest person. In my opinion, you can stay here already. Unpack some things for cooking or something and make yourself a bed. I will come back next week to arrange everything."

"Thank you so much mrs. Hurt, the pleasure is all mine."