Chapter 1

Josie Saltzman's life changed 3 months ago if you had asked her about her life before that. She would have told you that she was close to her sister as one could be, she had the best of friends someone could ask for and she had the most amazing girlfriend, her soulmate, the love of her life even though she is only 16, Josie knew that she wanted to spend the rest of her life with Penelope Park.

So what changed?

Josie was looking for her father, so the first place she would check was his office of course. She thought she would surprise him with cookies she had baked since he had been so busy. But to her surprise when she entered the office it was empty, she thought that she would just leave the cookies for him. But then her eyes landed on a book about the Gemini coven and Josie's curiosity rose. Her and Lizzie were the only ones left of the Gemini lineage, her dad had told her some stories about the coven, but it wasn't much to satisfy Josie's curiosity. Her eyes flickered to the page with the headline "the merge". Josie's eyes began to study the page, her eyes widened when she read the words, "The stronger twin survives the spell and is empowered by their magic as well as the magic of their twin. The weaker twin, however, is drained of their magic and dies.".

After she read that, her chest began to tighten, her hands were trembling over the page and her vision became blurry, she felt her body heat rise and then she sank to the floor. Josie didn't know how much time had passed before she eventually was able to steady herself and get up.

She was now pacing back and forth in the office, "this can't be right, this can't be happening. I need to tell Lizzie, there must be a solution, a way out of this".

Josie heard a sound that broke her out of her trance, "Mg" she whisper yelled, Mg had used his vamp speed running all over the school looking for Josie, "it's Lizzie", and by that Josie knew what Mg meant, "take me to her Mg".

Josie finds Lizzie in the kitchen, overwhelmed with emotion, using her magic to throw around furniture and plates, whereas she manages to shatter most of the school's plates. Lizzie in a rage almost hits Josie but can stop it. "Hey Liz", Josie says and walks over to her to comfort her.

...

Josie finally returned to her room, her mind wandering back to what she had read earlier, she couldn't muster the courage to tell Lizzie about the merge. She instead laid awake for multiple hours thinking about what she should do with the information. Josie finally concluded that she needed someone to hold her before she completely breaks down. She stood out of her bed and made way to her safe haven, in the arms of her girlfriend.

*Knock knock*

As soon as the door opened, Josie ran into Penelope's arms and broke down, she was crying, her eyes were like a waterfall, tears streaming down nonstop. Before Penelope could comprehend anything that was happening, she just wrapped her arms around Josie as it were a reflex. Penelope didn't ask her, she knew that Josie would eventually tell her the reason to why she was crying in the middle of the night. Penelope had her arms wrapped around Josie the whole night, holding her tight, just as Penelope was Josie world, Josie was hers.

Author's note

So i will try to write this as close as i can to the original series, you may have noticed the scene with Lizzie was taken from episode 1 from Legacies. I will also use 'information' from The Vampire Diaries as i continue the story.

- I hope you enjoy the story,

Best regards:-)