Chapter 5

Justin

With a deep and heavy sigh, I put the spaghetti my ma packed me this morning into my mouth. As I chewed, I wrapped the noodles around my fork by twisting it. I was sat alone at my usual table, again.

As if she read my mind, Ariana sat down beside me. I heard her bag hit the table, making me glance up. She had a cute little smile on her face, making my insides melt completely.

"You don't mind if these guys sit with you too?" She asked.

Only then did I look past her, seeing a few of the girls she did cheer with. I knew this because they were all wearing their mandatory uniforms.

"I guess not," I mumbled out, continuing to eat my food.

"Great! This is Cara, Asia, Maddie and Arden. Guys, this is Justin," She introduced, pointing at each one as she said their name.

I felt like I was under scrutiny as they all set their gaze on me. What if they thought I was weird? Or spilled food on me? I've had that happen before.

I sent them a quick smile and wave, too scared to trust my voice. The girl with dark blonde, almost brown hair was the first one of the group to speak at me. I think she was Cara.

"Awe, he's so shy," Cara said, sending me a friendly smile in return.

"We don't bite, I promise," She added, winking after. My cheeks turned bright red, I've never had this kind of attention from a women before, other than my mum.

Maddie, Asia and Arden took a seat across from me while Cara sat on the other side of me. I instantly felt like eating would be weird, especially before I sit in complete silence. So, I packed my food back into my bag and sat with my hands in my lap as the girls chatted away. Every once in a while, they'd ask for my input which I really appreciated. At least they weren't excluding me.

"Hey Ari, the football team is coming over," Arden harshly whispered, glaring behind me.

Ariana looked back and saw that Arden wasn't kidding. In a group, the whole football team trenched over. All of their faces holding mean, stern glares, specifically at me.

"Well, look what we have here," Tyson spat, Ethan standing beside him. Tyson was basically Ethan's wing man. Everywhere Ethan was, Tyson was trailing behind.

"Oh go away boys. Leave us alone to eat in peace. You're unwanted here," Ariana spat, standing up to face them.

She was so fearless. I mean, look at her. She's the shortest, smallest little thing standing up to an entire football team. It's like watching a mouse fight back to lion. Bad comparison, I'm sorry.

"Awe, the little pussy can't fight his own battles. He has to get the girls to do it for him," Ethan cooed teasingly.

"Oh fuck off Ethan. You're just jealous he's drowning in pussy now that we've realised what assholes you all are," Asia spat, who was now also standing beside Ariana.

"Unless you want to keep your balls where they are and not up in your stomach, I'd step away and leave him alone. At least he doesn't go around sleeping with everyone he can, even though he has a girlfriend," She added, putting a hand on her hip. By now, all the girls were standing up, all ready to help me out.

I'm really liking this, as bad as it sounds. I mean, there is a group of beautiful girls, even though only one stands out to me, in front of me biting back to my bullies. They don't have to, their doing this by choice. Justin:1, Ethan:0.

"Hold up, you cheated on me?" Ariana asked, her face scrunching up as the words fell from her mouth. Ethan opened his mouth to protest, but instantly shut it when he realised he'd been called out publicly.

"Yes he did. It was the weekend you went away to see your grandparents. It happened at the party he promised you with his heart," Arden says, stepping in. She spoke in a baby voice as she quoted what he said before continuing to say, "-that he didn't go to. We all witnessed it. He threatened all of us and said he'd make you hate us and kick us off the team if we said anything. But now, what have we got to lose? We just got our girl back."

Note to Justin: do not mess with these girls. They're all sassy as heck and have a mouth on then. Be scared.

Ariana looked like she just broke inside. I could tell by the way her face instantly fell as she processed what was said. However, she quickly redeemed herself and covered her pain with a sinister smile. She licked her lips before turning around. Suddenly, she grabbed the milk off of my tray and the spaghetti off hers.

"Two days in a row hey? I bet her pussy tasted like this gone off milk anyway," She spat before drenching him in it. She spoke and acted so fast, no one expected it.

He just stood there with his mouth wide open, in complete shock and disbelief. When he snapped his mouth closed, his eyes turned dark and filled with anger. I quickly stood up, knowing that look like the back of my hand.

He took a step and raised his hand at her, but before his hand was even 30 centimetres close to her, I pushed her back. I used my arm to hold her behind me. No way was I going to let him ever lay a hand on a women, especially mine.

"Seriously Bieber, fuck off," He scoffed.

"No Ethan, you need to. Your nothing but a selfish person. I don't get why everyone wants to be your friend because all you do is put people down," I started.

"I've been putting up with your bullying for so long, I'm over it! This girl here that you were about to hit, has the biggest heart in the world but you wouldn't know, would you? You never cherished her the way she deserved. I hope everyone sees what kind of person you really are. You belittle people, you act as if your superior to us all and apparently, you hit women too. I don't know what anyone else is thinking, but I think everyone in this room deserves better than to be near you," I finished, holding my head high.

Though, what I said wasn't as harsh or savage as what the girls had said, I felt good. For once in my entire schooling life, I'd stuck up for myself and bit back. I felt proud of myself; something I haven't felt in a while.

I felt a small hand grasp onto my bicep. I looked down and saw Ariana smiling up at me. 'Good job', she mouthed, making me feel even better. Just to know that she is proud of me too... No words describe this feeling.

Ethan looks taken back that I had actually stuck up for myself. Without a word and a lost look on his face, he turned around. As he stepped away, he motioned with his hand for his team to follow. But the thing that made my day, was that the didn't.

"No Ethan, we're not walking with you. None of us are proud to call you our friend. Justin's right, all you do is put people down. You make us feel like shit for not being as 'good' as you. You know what? We're better, because we're decent people. We took the blame for all the things you did wrong. But not anymore, I'm done. As long as Ethan's on the team, I'm not," A guy, who's name I didn't know said, with a shake of his head. Slowly, everyone else began agreeing and saying they quit too.

"Tyson? Let's go man," Ethan mumbled, embarrassed by everyone's true thoughts about him.

"Uh- I think I'm gunna' stay. Justin doesn't seem like a bad guy- I uh- Justin? Can I eat lunch with you?" He asked, the attention turning back to me.

Just like that, I went back in my shell. All the confidence I had early, disappeared. With my eyes on my shoes, I grumbled out a soft 'Sure,'I guess'.

How was this? Thoughts? Predictions?

Any way I could better/improve the story?