It was Felix who carried the responsibility of making sure the other boy knew nothing about the interior and therfore after giving a helping hand he rushed over to the older's house in order to get ready. It was strange to see that the various antiques which had once been displayed to fill the Hwang household with a passionate life were now stored in half-filled boxes — soon to be fuzzy memories at the back of his mind.

"You know," Hyunjin began as Felix carefully applied fake blood around the corners of his mouth and down towards his collar (the boy had insisted on being a 'charming' vampire), "Not many people get to say they've stayed friends for this long."

A smile of gratitude rose onto Felix's features; it was a thought that often came to mind when he was at his lowest points. He was well aware that despite his problems he was truly blessed that one of them wasn't his friendships with his school mates, "I know."

For a moment Hyunjin's smile was faltered by a twitch of hesitency that he tried to play off however Felix knew him better than that, "What's the matter?" he joked as he reached for the bottle lid, "Afraid that Jisung's hung up garlic?"

The response appeared to be somewhat comforting. "I wouldn't be suprised. He's a terrible decorator."

"He was so excited though," Felix chuckled, remembering how Jisung had been eager to lay out the snacks on the table, "So was Changbin."

Upon mentioning the latter Felix could immediately feel Hunjin's eyes burning holes onto the side of his head as he continued to fiddle with the lid, "Speaking of the older," Hyunjin hummed, picking at the corner of the bedsheets, "Don't you think Changbin's changed a lot over the last year?"

Instantly, Felix felt his heart begin to beat faster in his chest. Glancing at Hyunjin he saw that the older gave nothing away with his expression, leaving the younger lost for words. Both of them knew exactly that anyone with a pair of working eyes knew just how much Changbin had changed. The boy had grown so much in the last twelve months, finally fitting into the suit made specifically for the youth at peak handsomeness, accentuating the definition of his jawline and widening his shoulders. It was undeniable that Changbin had 'glowed' in every aspect, however Felix had never actually thought that any of them would mention it.

"Uh— I guess." He was trying desperately to ignore the alarming speed at which his heart was thumping in his chest, as he let out a shaky chuckle, "He almost worried me for a second thinking he'd be taller than me again."

However desperation came with distraction and it wasn't until Felix felt a sticky substance running down his leg that he realised he had dropped the still-opened bottle, "Shit," he cursed, scrambling to prevent more liquid from running across the wooden floor.

It was Hyunjin's next sentence however, that made him and his hastiness freeze entirely, "I know you find him hot."

Felix knew that the moment he hitched his breath and his muscles contracted that there was no going back. Gently he placed the bottle upright and lowered himself onto the floor, "I m-mean who wouldn--"

"Anyone without a brain cell," Hyunjin finished with a smile, "Especially not you, you're way too smart for that."

When Felix stayed quiet, Hyunjin took it upon himself to fill the silence with words and give it company, "I know he's you best friend, but you're mine too and I know we don't usually talk about this sort of sappy shit but I'm here —even if you say nothing."

And although Felix didn't say much in regards to that conversation, he never regretted it. For truthfully no amount of expressions in the form of the english language would ever be enough to express his gratitude, for Hyujin letting it be nothing more than two boys acknowledging a teenage crush as it was: both simple and complex and inexplainably present.