The Interviews

Marigold's POV

"Amazing"
Cinna insisted .

"I don't feel amazing"
I responded.

"Don't you know how beautiful you look"

"No and I don't know how to make people like me . How do I make people like me ?"

"You got me to like you"

"That's different I wasn't trying"

"Exactly so just be yourself . I will be there the whole time so just pretend that your talking to me"

"Ok"

******************

I stood in the queue waiting for my interview and watched as Glimmer pranced on the stage giggling away , I made sure to roll my eyes as she did so .

Then there was Marvel's and his wasn't much better as he went on about how as a child he watched the games and as someone got brutally killed he could always see himself been the killer . Disgusting.

Next was Clove's interview which caused me too pay extra attention . Clove looked stunning I couldn't deny that .

"I hear your good with knives Clove"

"I'm not just good I'm the best"

Even though I got a higher score than her .

"I see . Now do you have any special man waiting for you back home ?"

"No I don't"

"I don't believe it"

"You should because it's not a man and she's not back at home"

"Ah I see . Wait is she another tribute ?"

"Unfortunately"

"Ah that's a shame but do tell . Who is she ?"

"Well lets put it this way I thought she would be dressed as a coal miner at the tribute parade but she caught my eye with her costume I mean it wasn't hard to miss considering she was literally on fire"

My eyes widened as I realised she was talking about me . She was lying , she had to be . The tributes still waiting in the queue had all turned to look at me causing me to glare at the lot of them .

"Are you telling us you have fallen for Marigold Everdeen?"

"Yes Caeser that's exactly what I'm telling you"

"Does she know ?"

"Well she does now"

"Well I wish you both the best of luck "

Clove walked past me as she made her way off the stage causing me to go after her before grabbing her from behind and shoving her to the wall .

"Liar . None of that was true"
I shouted .

"If none of it was true why would I have said it ?"

"To weaken me . Your pretty twisted so it wouldn't surprise me"

"If I wanted to fake my feelings towards someone don't you think it would've made more sense if I picked Cato"

I thought about this while still pinning Clove to the wall . It was a good point I mean Cato is her District partner so if she wanted to fake a relationship she would've chose him .

Haymitch must've noticed me pinning Clove to the wall before he pulled me off .

"What the hell are you doing Marigold ?"

"She made me look weak"

"No she made you look desirable and in your case that can't hurt sweetheart"

"MARIGOLD EVERDEEN THE GIRL ON FIRE"

I frowned at Haymitch and Clove before making my way onto the stage .

I guess I became a little nervous because the next thing I knew Caeser was looking at me waiting for a answer .

"Sorry what ?"

"Looks like somebody's a little nervous"

"I said that was quite the entrance at tribute parade as one of our previous tributes have mentioned . Want to tell us ?"

"I was just hoping that I wouldn't burn to death and I was glad that I got a good outfit because District 12 doesn't usually get those"

The audience erupted into laughter personally I didn't see what was so funny but Haymitch said I needed to get people to like me so I had no problem with it .

"I have to say once you got out on that chariot my heart stopped . Did any of you experience that ?"

Caeser asked the audience who all agreed .

"So did mine"
I said .

"Now tell me about the flames was they real"

"Yes infact Im wearing them today would you like to see ?"

"Is it safe ?"

"Yes"

I began to spin around causing the bottom of my dress to erupt into flames which resulted in the audience cheering loudly .

"Now that was something. That was something . Thank you for that . Now I have one more question it's about your sister"

Caeser patted my hand before continuing

"I think we was all very moved when you volunteered for her at the reaping. Now tell me did she visit you before you left?"

"Yes she did"

"And what did you say to her ?"

"That I would win for her and for Katniss my other sister"

"Yes you did and try you will"

"LADIES AND GENTLEMEN FROM DISTRICT 12 , MARIGOLD EVERDEEN THE GIRL ON FIRE"

Next up was Peeta who announced his undying love for non other than Katniss . I didn't even know if she knew who he was but whatever .

Next chapter will most likely be Cloves and Marigolds last conversation before they go into the arena .