Ch. 9

Seventh Year

"Come on, Cass; I want to get a good carriage!"

Sera grabbed her friend's hand as Nathan shook his head from behind them and wrapped an arm around Holly's shoulders. Holly laughed at the other two girls and shook her head before saying, "The carriages are all the same, Sera."

"They are not all the same," She argued, looking back over her shoulder as she pulled a laughing Cassie behind her.

"Just as long as we actually get one, I'm fine with any of them!" Cassie said, pulling back on Sera's arm slightly. "We've got time!"

"Well considering I'm also trying to rescue you from Connor, you should really be thanking me," Sera said smugly.

Cassie groaned and looked over her shoulder to make sure he wasn't near. Sure enough, Connor was walking through the crowd, very obviously looking around for someone.

"I appreciate that," Cassie said as she turned back around. "Let's go before he sees us."

"They're all staring at us," Holly said nervously as she looked at the crowd.

"Don't worry, you'll get used to it," Sera laughed. "It comes with the territory of being in our family."

Holly absentmindedly brought her hand up to run her fingers over the small pearlescent scars on her shoulder, smiling slightly. After meeting both the Malfoys and Zabinis over the Christmas holidays, the families were excited for the new addition of Holly. Once summer came along, she and Nathan both went to meet her father and explain the situation. Her father was skeptical at first, but he slowly grew to accept the idea after meeting both sets of parents. Nathan finally marked Holly shortly before the school year started and she went through her transformation, though she was still getting used to everything.

The four of them quickly found an empty carriage and claimed it for themselves. After she took her seat, Holly looked over at Cassie and asked, "I know I've asked before, but why don't you just tell him the truth?"

"Because the truth is a bit hard to explain for someone who most likely doesn't know anything about Veelas," Cassie said.

"Okay, that's true," Holly said, tilting her head back and forth slightly. "Well you did tell him that your parents aren't letting you date until after you graduate, which is honestly a solid excuse."

"I still think you should just tell him straight out, though," Sera said, looking over at her friend.

Cassie sighed and looked down at the floor of the carriage. "I know..."

She felt a nudge on her knee as Nathan got her attention and said, "And you don't have to do it alone. I'm perfectly willing to be there if you decide to tell him the truth."

"Same here," Holly smiled.

"And you know I'll be there too," Sera said with a grin.

"Thanks, guys," Cassie said, smiling at all of them.

"And hey, maybe once our parents publish their book finally, you won't have to tell him," Nathan suggested.

Cassie paused at this, but then shook her head. "They're doing it anonymously, remember? And we can't guarantee that he'll even read the book."

"I can always find a way to slip it to him," Holly shrugged.

Nathan grinned at her. "Look at you, picking up some Slytherin qualities!"

She giggled and leaned into him as he wrapped an arm around her shoulders. Sera crinkled her nose at both of them and scoffed.

"Do you have to be so cutesy and lovey-dovey all the time?" She jokingly asked.