Home

Liam

Finally home! Feels like we have been gone for a week when it has barely been 12 hours.

I smile over at Zayn as he turns the car off and we undo our seatbelts. 

Zayn and I get out of the vehicle, stretching, happy to be out of the car.

I smile over at Zayn, "happy to be home?"

Zayn nods and returns the smile, "yes. Very."

Zayn nods his head towards the car. "Do you want to get Melanie or the bags?"

"I'll get Melanie. Can you grab her bag and our suit jackets? I'll need to give those to Jackie for dry cleaning.. along with my tie I guess."

Zayn laughs out loud, "I don't know babe. You might want to just throw that out."

I shake my head laughing and open the rear car door. Melanie is still sound asleep so I lift the latch on the back of her car seat and lift her seat out as gently as possible so I don't wake her up. She will stay warmer this way and she's less likely to wake up from me taking her out. Obviously she will be getting out of her seat when we get inside the house but then at least we will be somewhere warm.

When I bring her out of the warm car she whimpers at the feeling of being cold and no longer warm and cozy. I tuck the blanket into her more, shushing her quietly.

I hold her seat in one arm and shut the door. Melanie whines a bit in her sleep so I rock her slightly, shushing her, hoping to keep her asleep for just a few more minutes.

Her thumb finds it's way to her mouth once again, after falling out earlier from sleeping so soundly. I smirk but leave her be for now. As long as she's not awake and crying, I'm fine with it.

I make my way up the steps, Zayn directly behind me. Melanie's bag is in one hand and the suit jackets slung over his arm. I get up to the door and key in our code to get into the house.

Upon entering, Zayn hangs up our jackets on the coat hook by the door and sets Melanie's bag down on a chair.

I look down at Melanie and she has visibly relaxed upon being in the warm house. She's still sucking on her thumb but she is noticeably more calm. I release a breath I didn't realize I was holding, grateful she's still asleep.

However, at hearing the sound of the door and shoes on the hardwood floor, our two Siberian Huskies trot into the room excited to see their daddies are back home.

I groan, "oh shit."

Zayn laughs and stands in front of me blocking the dogs from jumping up to greet the newest member of the family. The dogs whine and sniff at Zayn's clothing knowing something is different and they want to know what it is. I don't blame them but now isn't the time to make introductions.

Zayn bends down trying to get them calmer.

"Boys I know you're excited. You'll have lots of time to meet the baby later."

Zayn makes them sit before petting them and letting them take a whiff at the new smell. They're his dogs and listen to him way better than they do me. Probably because Zayn is more assertive and demands respect from them.

Melanie squirms in her seat and whimpers trying to stretch but appears to still be asleep... for now. I run a hand gently over her head to calm her down.

I shoot a glare toward the dogs as Zayn stands up. "I swear if they wake her up.."

Zayn rolls his eyes, "babe it's fine. I'm sure she will wake up in a few minutes anyway whether it be from the dogs or anything else."