五 Ciani 五

Ciani Faith Porter

"Mommy!" Myra ran towards me with her marbles in her hands and I picked her up.

"I missed you so much." She kissed me all over my face.

"I missed you too baby. How was school?"

"It was fun. We did a connect the dots, did some writing, and made a poem. After that we went to recess."

"Sounds like you had a good day." I buckled her in before getting in the driver's side and pulling out the parking lot.

"I did. How was work?"

"It wasn't a long day today. A lot of my clients changed their appointment since they didn't want to look at the houses while it was raining."

"Well I like the rain. Are we going to daddy's house?"

"Yes, but we're not staying all day. He just wanted to see you before his meeting then after that we're gonna be going to a cookout with tt Vee."

"A cookout means lots of food right? I love to eat."

"I know you do baby." I laughed. "Yes there's going to be lots of food, but theirs also going to be lots of people. You think you can handle that?"

"Mommy if I can go to school with snotty kids then I can handle a cookout."

"Oh okay then. Do you have homework?"

"Yeah. I just have to spell my name like lots of times and that's it. I don't need help."

"Okay." I parked in his driveway and honked the horn.

Josiah didn't live far from Myra's school, but he did live in a private area due to his reputation. He didn't want people knowing where he lived.

"Hi daddy!" Myra smiled once she was scooped up in her arms.

I took off my heels when we entered his house and let out a sigh of relief. My feet were killing me.

"MyMy get started on your homework."

"Okay." She skipped to the dining room and got seated in a chair.

"Should I wear a black or a white tuxedo?" Josiah held up two options.

I opened my mouth to speak, but my phone dinged and I looked down at it ignoring the message from my client, but furrowed my eyebrows.

"What's wrong?"

"I just realized that me and Vianna didn't talk this morning like we usually do. She didn't even text or anything. Ima stop by her place when we leave, but I'll text her."

"Aight, should I wear the black or white tuxedo?"

"Why would you wanna wear a black or white tuxedo to a meeting with all the top kingpins. They'll think you're basic." I explained while walking up the stairs and headed to his room then started looking through his closet.

"Baby I keep my suits in the other closet."

"Oh." I closed the one I was in and walked to the next one and opened it.