Back To Work

Harith sighed while he sat at his chair, and checking out all the papers that was being submitted to him and all of the missions he needed to report to Tigreal or Alucard.

Diggie saw his exhausted face while Harirh rubbed his temples as a sign of headache. Diggie puts a coffee next to all of his papers, "You gotta rest too Harith, you're making your childhood kinda worse" he said as Harith 'tsk' at what he said but he can't say anything to counter him.

"Maybe, for one day leave this to me so that you can rest" Diggie said with a bright smile.

At first, Harith wasn't convinced but as he looked at Diggie, he sighed and stand up from his chair. "Okay then, I'll leave everything to you. But report problems if something occurred" he said while Diggie nodded and watch him leave his office with a bit saddened expression.

Harith close the door and took a deep breathe, "Finally...I can rest for a while..." he said in a low tone of voice while he smile that reach his ears in happiness.

(Meanwhile Layla and Clint)

Clint put the mug down while Layla just watch him do that, "So, not here either, eh" he said while he lift his feet on the counter. "Where could they be?" Clint wondered looking at the ceiling.

"U-uhm, I think we need to go back in Moniyan.." Layla suggested, "HUH?! why's that?"

"Maybe the tavern thieves just rest for a while cause they got almost captured, so they need another plan and get in a hidden place where they could never be seen"

Clint think of a moment then stand up, "Okay, we're going back now" Clint said as he put a bag of coins at the counter and Layla followed him as he leaves.

"We would not rest for such a little problem..." one of the man in a black clothing said, "That's all of the knights mindset, that's why they're dumb" a man in blacking green clothes said, they both went out of the bar and took of their clothes.

"Phew, I can't breathe whenever I saw that man and woman chasing us" Claude said as Dexter climb his shoulder, "If you're not use to it, then you're not a real thief. Your just an amateur thief then" Granger complains plainly at him. "Sorry sorry then"

"Anyways, we need to confront them in our hidden spot. Cause that girl knows where our hiding spot is" Claude said, "Yeah you're right, maybe we should..."

Then a gun was pointed at Granger's head but he didn't flinch and just look at his back and saw Clint with a cigarette in mouth, "To say it to you again, we're not all dumb as you see.." he said while Granger's eyebrows furrowed.

"You defy all of our plans.. How I'm very impressed" he said in a sarcastic tone, "Of course we are! I'm being trained by Master Harith for 4 years, I'm not gonna let that on waste" Layla said going out from the shadow.

"Granger.. "
"I know"

When Clint was about to pull the trigger, Dexter went to his shoulder and distracted him causing Clint to point his gun at Dexter. Layla fires a large ball of energy towards and is following them.

"Ah man!" Claude complained as he tried to run away from the ball. But he didn't and explode, "Tsk, weak.." Layla said but shocked when a gun is pointing at her back, "Oh I'm not weak, it's just a mere act" he said as Layla kicked his gun and points his gun at him.

"Oh really now?" she said provoking him as he 'tsk'  and Dexter help him regain his gun back. "Damn you!" Layla said as she grabs her cannon and her cannon shoots a long rage laser that's meters away.

Clint and Claude was shocked about it while Granger use this opportunity to tackle Clint and pin him at the wall using his violin case, "You're way too distracted by your friend, haven't you seen her used her SS?" Granger asked as Clint pushed and shoots him, but Granger protected himself with his violin case.

"Your bullets are way too weak!" Granger said as he charges but a cannon bullet shoots him away. Clint look at his side and saw Layla who had taken Claude away by distracting him with her laser.

"Not bad for you" Clint said as he put his gun back at his back, as Layla gave him a small smile and he smiled back, "Okay then, we need to report this to Master Harith" Clint said as Layla nodded.

As Layla see Claude standing up and carrying Granger at his shoulder, she got alerted when she saw Claude whisper something to Granger.

She was about to ignore Clint who's making a note for Harith, she was about to reach him but he quickly transported out and had a hologram of his monkey and started to shoot her.

"Damn!!" she said as she punched the ground, and Clint run at her back, "Are you okay?" he asked, "Yeah, but not until we captured those two again" she said holding her injured armed that's bleeding because of the hologram monkey's shot.

"We need to heal that wound of yours then report it to Master Harith" Clint said as Layla tried to stand up on her own, "Yeah we should, but...." Clint looked at her as she clenched her fist at her wound.

"We didn't need to report this to Master Harith.. We need to let him rest for a while, Diggie reported to me that he's currently resting for work and i didn't wanna disturb him" Layla said in a pity tone when saying Harith's name at her sentence.

Clint understand her and patted her back, "Okay don't worry.. I'll not say it to him" Clint said as Layla smiles, "Yeah Thanks" Layla said as she was assisted by Clint to heal her injury...

___________________________________________
Heys guys, like this chapter?
Want me to write more?
If yes, then thanks for inspiring me. My parents think that my writing sucks and thanks for reading my fanfic.

-Darkside-sama💖