[7] Maybe The Night

THE NIGHT WE SLEEP
by psychoticnovelist

CHAPTER 07: Maybe The Night

MOONLIGHT SERVED as our spotlight as we started at each other. Barefooted, we made our way to the grassy field.

Euler was smiling widely, making my hurt flutter. Inilabas niya ang kanyang iPod at pumili ng kanta. I remained silent, watching him doing his thing.

"Got it!" he exclaimed. Inilagay niya ang isang earphone sa tainga ko at isa naman ang sa kanya.

Napangiti ako nang marinig ang pamilyar na kanta. He put the iPod in his pocket then snaked his hands around my waist. I laughed shyly before placing my hands on his shoulders. I had seen this scene from a movie. Hindi ko alam na ganito pala ang pakiramdam ng ganito. Nakakapanibago.

I want to lay down by the fire with you
Where souls are glowing, ever warmer too
Your love surrounds me like a lullaby
Singing softly, you are mine, oh mine

Napangiti ako nang biglang sumabay sa kanta si Euler. His voice was deep but he managed to remain sweet by whispering every syllable of the song.

We were moving in rhythm only our hearts knew. If felt like we owned the world. It was us against the world. Wala kaming pakialam sa paligid. Our eyes were fixed as we danced with the rhythm.

Moon has never glowed this color
Hearts have never been this close
I have never been more certain
I will love you 'til we're old

It felt so funny that the song was too perfect for the night. Feeling ko ay ginawa talaga 'to sa'min.

Moon shone bright, giving me the chance to see his face. A genuine smile was plastered on his face. A familiar feeling had tinged my heart. My heart was pounding, as if it was a bird trying to seek freedom from my ribcage. Butterflies were dancing in my stomach and I could feel my cheeks burning. Wala akong ideya kung ba't ko 'to nararamdaman pero isa lang ang alam ko-naramdaman ko na 'to noon.

Maybe the night
Holds a little hope for us, dear
Maybe we might
Want to settle down, just be near
Stay together here

We were just two dying strangers who happened to meet in an unfortunate moment. He stopped me from jumping off the bridge where in fact I had no plan of ending my life to begin with.

He was a total stranger but I trusted him completely. I joined him in this midnight escapade. He taught me a lot of things in a short period of time. Maybe this night held a little hope for the both of us. Maybe God had given this night for the two of us alone.

We follow the pull of fate, into this moment

This was fate. Maybe we were bounded to meet each other. Siguro ay nakatakda nang makita niya ako sa tulay. Siguro nakatakda nang makilala ko siya at bigyan ako ng rason upang mabuhay. All of this were wonders of fate and we just followed the pull.

We had no idea what tomorrow might bring. Siguro bukas ay maghihiwalay na kami. But one thing is for sure, I was thankful that I had the night to meet this wonderful guy who showed me hope. This guy let me see beauty in the darkness and there's nothing I could ever wish for more than this.

Moon has never glowed this color
Hearts have never been this close
I have never been more certain
I will love you 'til we're old

Maybe the night holds a little hope for us, dear
Maybe we might want to settle down, just be near
Stay together

"E-euler, thank you."