"We've all got out things, don't we?" Isabelle teased Alec. His smile quickly falling.

Clary rolled her eyes and threw her hands up in frustration. "Okay, I can't listen to this. Simon's been kidnapped by vampires. I guess I'll just take care of it myself." She started to walk away and May let out a genuine laugh at the thought of Clary fighting off a whole nest of vamps.

"Clary, you're gonna get yourself killed," Jace called after the redhead who just kept moving to the door.

May got up and crossed her arms over her chest. "Red, you'll get Simon killed too."

Clary froze and spun on her heels before walking up to May and glaring at her. "Then help me. While we consider other options, my best friend is suffering." She then turned to Jace and the rest of the group. "Is that something Shadowhunters understand or am I just being a mundane?"

May scoffed and took a step closer to her best friend. "Simon is my best friend too." She said, her argument was very childish but if Clary is going to act immature May will play the game.

"Is he? You don't seem to care." Clary pushed.

May didn't respond. Instead, she shook her head and leaned on the chair next to Alec. She let out a deep breath and looked at Jace. "What's the plan?"

Jace looked at the girl for a second, seeing if she's alright before nodding and continuing. "Well, Clary's right. They made the first move. We're gonna take care of this ourselves, right now."

"This is a bad idea-" Alec argued but was interrupted by Jace. "What, have you got a better one? Look, the vamps broke the Accords. They kidnapped a Mundie. That's a big no-no. The Clave will give us a lecture and then they'll be glad we did it. Come on."

Isabelle shrugged her shoulders. "Hard to argue with that."

"Even if we went ahead, I don't see how we get out of here without having to explain where we're going. We need weapons, and we can't let anyone see us get them." Alec explained. May tapped her fingers on the chair.

Jace thought for a second, looking to the weapons room and thinking how he could get anything out of there without raising suspicion. Then he realized that the Institute wasn't the only place with a cache of weapons. He smirked. "I know where to get what we need."

He saw May's uncertainty and he knew they would need her. "Mayla, what do you think?"

May was silent for a second, biting her lower lip as she thought about her next move carefully. She knew the Clave wouldn't like it. But then she thought of Simon. Suddenly, she didn't care much about the Clave or their rules or what they though of her.

She shrugged. "The Clave already hates me. What do I have to lose?" She smiled.

"See?" Jace asked Alec as he shot him a look. He may have had his doubts but Jace seemed completely confident in not just Clary but her guardian as well.

«-----»

Clary pulled the van onto the cemetery parking lot and hit the breaks hard enough to cause them to squeal. May scowled as she held onto the seat, trying not to fly out the window. "I could've driven." May grumbled. Clary rolled her eyes as they all got out of the van.

"Whose grave is it?" Alec asked. May attempted to get out of the van, but her foot hooked on the ledge, causing her to fall. She got her balance with Alec's assistance as he took hold of her arm. "Thanks." She murmured.

"'Mary Milligan, born January 10th, 1802. Died January 10th, 1878.'" Isabelle read off the piece of paper she had in her hand.

Jace turned to the raven-haired boy. "All right, Alec, let's go."