Chapter 1

The nightmare was finally over. And you couldn't believe it. You couldn't believe that you were now an adult, and graduated from high school. As everyone would say, 'Where had the time gone?' You always pondered that. You couldn't believe it was over. You although, did admit to yourself that you were glad you were done with highschool. As you called it 'A new chapter in my life'. It had been a week after graduation when you had received the destined call from your best friend Marie. You'd both been friends since you were toddlers, even considered one another as sisters. The two of your families had close relationships, almost as if it were one big happy family.

"What's up?" You asked as you had answered the phone after looking at the caller ID. "Y/N! We're going on a long vacation girl." She said to which you sat up straighter. "What do you mean?" You asked curiously, even an eyebrow raised at this point. "My aunt has this cabin in the woods, it hasn't been used very much since she's constantly on business trips as you know. Sooo I asked her if we could borrow it for a couple of months and she said yes!" Marie exclaimed to which you stood up. "Come help me pack." You said to which Marie laughed and replied, "On my way!"

When Marie arrived the two of you got straight to work. You were going to be gone for two months after all and you were excited, since you still lived with your family and all. For you, this would be true relaxation. A nice, quiet cabin in the woods with your best friend, and no one to bug you. Although, Marie had stated there was still service up there because the cabin was only a 30 minute drive from the nearest town, but 2 hours from your house. "When are we leaving?" You asked as you zipped up your final suitcase. "Today duh." She sassily said as she texted someone on her phone. You looked at her with furrowed eyebrows. "You're already packed?" You asked to which she looked up at you with a raised eyebrow. "Why would I come help you if I wasn't even packed myself?" She asked in a joking manner to which you laughed.

You said your goodbyes to your family as Marie had done previously with her family, and your own. Once you both had gotten into the car you had plugged your phone into the aux cord and played songs you and Marie both enjoyed, even singing happily and excitedly on your favorite song. The windows were rolled down and you smiled as a cool breeze flew through your hair, letting it sway as you nodded to the beat of the song that was now playing. The air became fresher as you both approached higher onto the Earth's crust. "We're almost there." Marie says with a smile as she turns her head in your direction but not taking her eyes off of the road. You then drove through a small town with a market, diner, and some other shops you didn't quite bother to know the purpose of. On the way out of the town a few homes scattered at the end of the town. Then it was all just forest, this was already calming you and you felt very relaxed as you rested your head on the window, watching the blurs of greens pass by you. What only felt like 5 minutes, Marie and you finally pulled into a dirt road which then travelled to the cabin. You climbed out of the car and stretched, your arms raised high in the process. It was so beautiful and peaceful, nothing but the sway of trees and quiet wild life sounded all around you two.

"I'll unlock the cabin, will you grab some bags?" Marie asks and you nodded in response. Once you lifted the trunk of the car you huffed at the many suitcases and bags that sat in the trunk. You grabbed as many as you possibly could, the weight of the bags weighing your arms down. you practically dragged the bags up to the cabin, thankfully Marie held the door open for you. When you stepped inside she let the door go, it swinging shut as she went to go collect more bags. Once you entered the cabin you looked around, taking in every detail of the quaint cabin. You dropped the various amounts of bags and suitcases near the entry way, your arms ached after you released the bags. You were snapped out of the trance you were put in by looking at the details of the place when you heard Marie trying to open the door that had swing closed by itself, as it was a screen door.

You hurridly walked over and opened it for her as you gave her a sheepish smile and mumbled an apology. She then walked the rest of the luggage to where you had set down the other load. "Is that it?" You asked to which Marie nodded as she breathed slightly faster, probably from carrying so much luggage. "I call picking first room!" She exclaims as she then runs off to go find a bedroom, to which you chuckled and followed after her. Once you two settled in, and had finished sorting out bags and suitcases you both took them to your seperate rooms. "I think tomorrow we should go on a hike or something. Or explore." Marie suggest as you both sit at a table, eating dinner. You shrugged. "Maybe we should explore first, so we don't get lost. I know how easy it is to lose you." You chuckled to which Marie smiled and rolled her eyes and shoved a forkful of fruit into her mouth.

Once the two of you finished eating and had cleaned up you both said your goodnights, as the both of you were fairly exhausted. You had slipped on some shorts and an oversized tee as you pulled your hair back into a messy bun. You yawned tiredly as you lied down in bed, practically falling asleep the moment your head hit the pillow.