"Fine I'll make you a deal, Cavan. If you promise to tell everyone what really happened during the Rushelli Massacre, both the events that led up to it and what you happened to you after it, then we can go back to Beau and Lexa right now." Nether option sat well with me, but as I often did I chose the path that would cause me less pain now and more later.

"Let's go then," slight surprise flickered in Gorden's eyes, but he quickly masked it with a smirk.

"As you wish," my stomach lunched at his words, but I shrugged it off, pushing away the anxiety to instead take in our surroundings. As soon as I began focusing on our surroundings, I recognized our mistake. We were being followed.

We have a tail. I silently sent the message to Beau in hopes that he somehow could intervene. From the sounds of the footfalls I roughly estimated that there were about ten or so men, one with a significant limp that for some reason was ahead of the rest. The fact that Beau had yet to respond was setting me on edge, and this time I tried going straight to the source.

Aimeri, we're about to get ambushed. This time I received a response nearly automatically. Aimeri's voice was faint, his single word rushed his voice cracking.

Run. A mixture of fear and adrenaline pumped through my veins and I pushed myself faster, straining my already tighter muscles to go to a near blinding pace. Gorden huffed, but managed to keep up, his heartbeat racing nearly at the same speed as mine. The streets were barren as we traveled down them, passing store front after store front, each one of the doors boarded up tightly. The sound of pursuit slowed behind us, and for a moment I was relieved. That was until we stumbled upon the remaining members of our team, bound and gagged in stone clearing I recognized as the town square.

"At last your last two members decide to grace us with their presence. My, my, my, Bowen, I have to say that the rumors about your little rang tag group truly don't do it justice. I had no idea that my brother kept such good company."

"Brother?" I couldn't help the word from spilling from my lips. The man whose voice I had heard stepped forward, letting the florescent light of the streetlamp illuminate his features. If I hadn't known any better I would have guessed that the man standing in front of me was my doppelgänger. He reeked of power, both from the stench from his Alpha title along with the simple physique of him. He had thickly corded muscles that bulged out of his lose V-neck, the color matching his gray blue eyes implicitly. Even from the harsh light of the florescent street lap I could tell that the man was deeply tanned, something that I found contrary to the notion of him being an inner city Chinese Alpha.

"My name is Whitney, I'm the Alpha of the East Changxing Pack. I also happen to be the Alpha twin brother of the idiot you all know as Bullettooth. It's been a long time since I had something my brother wanted. I guess we'll see how much value he puts on his new mate's friends. What do you say, do you think it's enough to save nine of his mate's closets' friends?"

~☾~

We had all been thrown into a cell together in a place I didn't want to begin to describe. The place had thick medal bars, straw littering the inside of the cells. There was an over turned pail in the corner of the cell that stunk of a mixture of feces, urine and vomit. The smell had made one of the members of our group vomit. Lar's face was a waxy white, sweat giving his forehead a clammy appearance.

"Why are we even here? Why are we even in this situation in the first place? You. YOU. Why does everything have to revolve around you?" Lars's brother Miles yelled, pointing an accusing finger at me as he struggled to his feet. We all were worse for wear at the moment. The guards hadn't restrained themselves when it came to delivering the 'punishment' that Whitney said we deserved. Whitney was definitely someone to behold, nevertheless he was also someone I wanted nothing to do with in the slightest.