Eleven (S).

Quill and Lana stand close together; everyone else is otherwise preoccupied while they wait for Thanos. He looks to her quite frequently but she never turns to him. Her lips are pursed in thought; Quill finds it attractive. Lana knows he's practically staring at her so, with a small sigh, she turns to him.

"Yes?" The question startles him. He wasn't expecting her to say anything. She smiles in a way similar to that of Natasha Romanoff; one corner raised slightly so it looks almost like a smirk. "You didn't think I noticed you staring, did you?"

"N. . . no," he answers softly, "sorry." She shrugs, looking away. "You're just. . ." She raises an eyebrow but doesn't look to him. "Breathtakingly beautiful," he finishes. She smiles warmly on the inside but remains emotionless on the outside. If she shows emotion it'll go to his head. "I've never met anyone like you before." Lana smirks.

"'Breathtakingly beautiful'?" She repeats, a hint of appreciation in her voice. He shakes his head.

"A total badass who hides her pain behind snark." She laughs through her nose. Quill scrunches his. "Okay, maybe my best friend Gamora can fit that role too." Lana playfully rolls her eyes. "But there's something about you that. . . I don't know." She looks back to him. "You wear it better, I guess."

"Don't be jealous, it takes practice. Maybe a bit more hard work and you'll master it too." He laughs and shakes his head.

"No, that's not what I meant."

"What did you mean?"

He takes in a deep breath. "Do you believe in love at first sight?" She stares at him, her arms crossed, before snorting. Quill nods slightly. "I'm taking that as a no."

"Good idea," she says, patting his chest. However, she keeps her hand there. Quill wraps his hand around her wrist. They both stare into each other's eyes. Both find it so odd that they've only just met but they can't seem to stay away from one another. Quill felt this way with Gamora and she did too. However, their relationship didn't work out; both agreed they were better off as friends.

"What about soulmates?" He tries. It's soft and quiet; something Lana wasn't expecting. She half-smiles and shakes her head. "There has to be something you believe in." She shakes her head again.

"I'm not a sucker for love," she whispers, "it over complicates things and. . . I don't need to be worrying about a boy liking me back. Especially not now." She looks away.

Quill nods. "I understand that. But you can't say you don't feel something between us." Lana looks back to him, an eyebrow raised. "There's this. . . tension between the two of us. A romantic tension."

"I believe tension like that is only of the sexual kind," she corrects. He shrugs. "Trust me, I've had my fair share of sexual tension." She smirks. "Which often leads to sex."

"Okay," he draws out before shaking his head, "then there's this unspoken thing between us." She laughs and rolls her eyes.

"We've only just met," she argues.

"So? We've already had our first kiss," he points out. She rolls her eyes again.

"It was a kiss of gratitude. Have you never heard that Midgardian expression? 'I could totally ki-" Quill interrupts her by kissing her. She, at first, wants to fight it but she doesn't; instead, she relaxes into the kiss. He pulls away from her and rests his forehead against hers. Lana stares at his lips as she bites hers. She wants more and is tired of just the kisses. For crying out loud, she's the fucking goddess of sex! Quill presses against her.

"And now we've had our second kiss," he whispers; his breath is hot against her face. She laughs humorlessly. "You can't avoid the unspoken thing forever, Lana." The word rolls off his tongue and both like hearing the way it sounds. She wants him crying her name out, but Lana shakes her head and pulls away.