"Let's talk about this master of yours, shall we?"

††

Kai had left the room multiple times while Sage conversed with the vampire, to deal with a few issues happening with the other guards. When he walked into the dimly lit room again, the coldness bit his skin.

The room remained chilly but being in it so long made someone think the walls were closing in. The room began getting stuffy and hot, making it harder to breath in. Nerves spiked, emotions fluttered, and more times than not the prisoner went crazy just being alone in a pitch black room.

When Kai entered he heard a speck of that craziness. The vampire was whimpering and Sage was laughing.

She turned around when Kai stood near the door and she smiled at him.

"This is fun. You should let me do this more often."

Instead of being freaked out or concerned, Kai grinned and crossed his arms.

It wasn't craziness; it was just Sage.

"I knew you'd find some enjoyment in this. But–" his expression turned serious. "–this isn't the time to play around. Have you gotten a name yet?"

"Not yet. But it's a female, and he's positive she's here. Look." Sage turned back towards the vampire and stepped up to him. He flinched, raising his hands as if to defend himself. "Hey!" Sage grabbed his arm and stepped on his thigh to push his leg down.

The vampire cried, "Just let me find her! I need her! They–they're coming, I'm telling you!"

Sage raised a brow and glanced at Kai, who just looked confused.

"Who?" he asked, voice booming in the room.

The man mumbled under his breath before Sage got a fist full of his hair and slammed his head back.

"Who?!" she repeated with a demand.

"She's here! She's here! I–I'll show you! I'll show...they're coming...she's–they're searching..." When Sage let the vampire go he immediately dropped his head and started crying. That was the first.

Kai let out a heavy sigh but Sage held up a finger, telling him to wait.

She picked up a medium long sword from the ground and tapped it against her palm.

"I'll let you go," she said, and the vampire looked up in shock. "I'll let you go and you can reunite with your leader."

The vampire began to stir as if happily. "Really?" he asked in a broken voice.

"Oh, yes, I promise. However.." Sage glanced at the sword before holding it out, making the tip of it pressed against his throat. "But you must tell us who she is first."

It was part of her plan all along. Break his mind even more than it was, shove hope down his throat before threaten to cut it open.

The vampire growled and curled his hands into fists. That hope shattered.

"No."

"Tell me."

"No."

Sage glared with a blaze in her eyes. A menacing look came across her face that made the vampire pale even lighter. She drew back the sword and gripped the handle in her palms.