11.

11: everything's better

☆☆

Delilah was standing in her lab, preparing the body in front of her for an autopsy. Luckily, she didn't know the man in front of her.

She snapped her gloves on and pulled her protective glasses down, grabbing a scalpel from the tray next to her. Just as she was about to begin, a quick knocking came at her door.

"Come in! Put on gloves, please!" Delilah called out.

A set of footsteps came into the office but the person said nothing. Delilah set down the scalpel and turned around, becoming face to face with Lucifer Morningstar. Again.

"What are you doing here?" Delilah snapped. "And why don't you have gloves on?!"

"I'm the Devil, love. No need for gloves," Lucifer said as if there was nothing wrong or no tension between the two.

"If you don't have questions about the case or about my job, then you have no need to be here."

"What is wrong, my dear?" Lucifer asked, placing a soft hand on Delilah's wrist. On instinct, she flinched back, pulling her wrist out of his grasp.

"Don't," she muttered under her breath, quickly turning around and going back to work.

"What's wrong, Delilah?"

"Don't act like you don't know," she said just as quiet as last time.

Lucifer had a confused look on his face as she watched Delilah angrily perform the autopsy. "I do not know, love."

Delilah scoffed but said nothing. Her hands seemed to be frozen over the man in front of her, scalpel shaking in her hands.

"What is wrong, Delilah?" Lucifer asked more sternly this time. He was bound and determined to get the answer out of her.

"The date, Lucifer! The stupid date! The one you planned last night. The one I was excited to go on and the one I dressed up for," Delilah said, shouting in the beginning but she got quieter towards the end of her rant.

"The Detective got a new lead on the case, dear. I sent you a text as soon as I found out," Lucifer told Delilah, stepping forward and placing a hand on her shoulder.

"I never got a text. I-I'm sorry."

Lucifer turned Delilah around, making her face him. He then pulled out his phone and sighed when he realized the text never went through.